Talk

Advanced search

Possibly stupid question about labelling clothes for nursery

(10 Posts)
BouncingTurtle Wed 27-Aug-08 16:23:06

Do you label socks?
DS tends to pull his off and eat them.
Since he is not walking and it's a nice warm environment I'm inclined to tell the nursery to let him go about in his bare feet until he needs shoes.

claricebeansmum Wed 27-Aug-08 16:24:42

Get a laundry marker and write his initials on them?

PortAndLemon Wed 27-Aug-08 16:26:30

When DS started and I was feeling all keen, I named them with these. Now I just don't bother. He can't possibly lose more socks at nursery than he loses at home, anyway...

Flibbertyjibbet Wed 27-Aug-08 16:34:35

I don't label socks, and send them to nursery in clothes that I wouldn't be upset if they went missing.

mumfor1standmaybe2ndtime Wed 27-Aug-08 16:37:02

Ds has 'playshcool' clothes which aren't his best. I write his name in biro on the labels or use those iron on labels - can buy on ebay or from haberdashery shop.

I don't label socks, just things like coat, jumper, hat.

BouncingTurtle Wed 27-Aug-08 16:51:28

I've got some iron on labels for his clothes, just thought socks would be a bit excessive, especially as PandL, I have lost plenty of socks!

Thanks!

catweazle Wed 27-Aug-08 18:35:47

My DD wont keep socks on. They don't wear shoes at nursery. I send her with bare feet grin

stealthsquiggle Wed 27-Aug-08 18:40:46

I don't bother, but last time I said that a MNer who works in a nursery pointed out how much of a PITA that is...

cmotdibbler Wed 27-Aug-08 21:05:12

I only label coats and hats. When DS was in babies and no shoes, the staff seemed to have an amazing memory for the right socks and children, and never came home with the wrong ones.

Its slightly more complex in toddlers, esp as he stuffs them behind things, but lifes too short to worry about socks.

AngelNanny Sat 30-Aug-08 23:11:57

all clothes need to be labeled so they dont go home with the wrong person and to ensure you get them back. Although parents may not be concerned about gettin certain items back, it is frustration for nursery to have lots of clothes and no homes. By labelling you the nursery workers can fulfil their job position and another child hasnt cked up your childs sock d sucked just before your child does the same.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now