Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I've just realised i do something that is quite sad

(14 Posts)
KatyMac Mon 25-Aug-08 21:14:59

Every time I see a link which would be relevant to my ex eco nursery, I click on it, read it & I bookmark it

which is sad when my nursery isn't going to happen

TrinityRhino Mon 25-Aug-08 21:16:06

what happened to your nursery??

I used to see loads of threads about that and I thought it was soooo cool

KatyMac Mon 25-Aug-08 21:22:35

I did too

The bank won't lend me any money in the "current economic climate"

Plus my childminding is going belly-up because all the children are at the children's centre which opened in April sad

But I guess I still dream

onepieceoflollipop Mon 25-Aug-08 21:24:39

Could it possibly happen in the long term rather than short term?

KatyMac Mon 25-Aug-08 21:28:56

Maybe I'm not holding my breath though

I spent a fortune on this attempt - I doubt I will ever have money like that again

AvenaLife Mon 25-Aug-08 21:30:31

Could you not be a nanny for a while Katy?
Childcare advisor?

KatyMac Mon 25-Aug-08 21:32:32

I don't think I could Nanny - not a lot of call for it out here, plus what about DD/DH I still need to be responsible for them

What does a childcare advisor do.....I think I'd end up telling them to use my childminding

AvenaLife Mon 25-Aug-08 21:35:33

lol! You could set up an agency that arranges childcare for people in accordance with their needs and wishes, if you make it free and charge the nurseries etc a fee for refering them then this will attract customers.

You can still nanny with a child.
What about paediatric nursing or HCA on a paeds ward? Doesn't pay too well though.

KatyMac Mon 25-Aug-08 21:42:29

Nooooo couldn't do sick children (I'd cry)

I think finance/admin/pa/it is more me tbh - we will see what happens tomorrow

AvenaLife Mon 25-Aug-08 21:50:11

I'm job hunting too. The ironing/sewing I do doesn't pay enough. I'm due to finish a MSc at christmas, I'm also a 3rd year paeds nurse so I can go back to the course in October for my last year but I end up paying sometimes more out in childcare for the shifts then I earn. You'd think employers would want Environmental Law postgrduates wouldn't you?

KatyMac Mon 25-Aug-08 21:58:38

I'm a bit of a jill of all trades

I'm really good at setting up/developing new systems & training people to use them

I just have no qualifications

primigravida Mon 25-Aug-08 21:58:48

I'm so sorry about your nursery not working out. I love the idea of it and used to read your threads and wish that I lived near you so I could use it for ds.

AvenaLife Mon 25-Aug-08 22:10:37

I'm looking into teaching because of the hours and holidays. I've emailed a school near ds's new one offering my services. I think I could teach Geography, Law, health and social care and child development. I've got to wait to hear from them though. I applied to work in Boots last week but have not heard anything. ds keeps asking about christmas, I don't know what to tell him. I can go back to nursing if I can't get anything sorted. I'm writing childrens books aswell.

I'm too overqualified. No one wants to hire me.

KatyMac Mon 25-Aug-08 22:20:52

It's cmplicated
I think it is to do with 'if your face fits' rather than quals

Primigravida - thanks, I'm sad too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now