Talk

Advanced search

Can my nursery still charge me if they close without notice??

(6 Posts)
VinegarTits Fri 22-Aug-08 09:18:26

The woman who runs my ds nursery has closed today and all next week without any notice at all! She has 2 staff of sick and she is on holiday next week so doesnt have enough staff to cover so was told this morning it would be closed today and all next week. Can she still charge me? i now have to find alternative childcare or take unpaid leave as i have no annual hols left in work.

CaptainFabioHiltsTheCoolerCat Fri 22-Aug-08 09:28:08

Do you have a contract with the nursery - what does it say?

VinegarTits Fri 22-Aug-08 09:45:04

I cant remember if i have a contract, i would have to have a look when i get home from work

CaptainFabioHiltsTheCoolerCat Fri 22-Aug-08 09:53:48

I think it's a bit shite if she wants to charge you tbh, but it may be in the contract under 'unforseeable circs' or something. OTOH she does have a business to run and her rent etc still needs paying.

It would be nice if she would accept a smaller fee, just to cover the costs of the rent etc.

CaptainFabioHiltsTheCoolerCat Fri 22-Aug-08 09:54:26

jSorry, that was no help at all blush

VinegarTits Fri 22-Aug-08 10:05:16

Dont worry Captain, i am not sure if she is going to charge me yet, just want to be prepared if she does. Need to go home and read the small print of my contract, if i can find it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now