Talk

Advanced search

3 year funding

(5 Posts)
mummy31 Wed 20-Aug-08 22:11:39

Help!!!
September is the start of the funding for me, i am a single mum and have a low income - hence i have chilcare element of tax credits.
I have a full time place for my daughter and the funding is calculated for the autumn term only Sept-Dec 2008, therefore what do i tell tax credits as regards to weekly costs, they vary now each month. I must admit i was really looking forward to a huge reduction - this does not seem to be the case - was mislead by overheard coversations last year!! that will teach me!!
Do i have to tell tax credits in Sept or October??
confused........my nursery have not a clue and dont have any single mom friends!!

HappyMummyOfOne Fri 22-Aug-08 18:23:05

You tell them the fist day you start getting the reduction - ie the first day she returns in September.

mummy31 Sat 23-Aug-08 22:51:21

what do i tell the though? as they need the weekly amount, as this will now vary - how do i work out, they are so unhelpful, i will pay Sept,Oct,Dec the same for each month but diff in the Nov - due to how this is worked out with nursery....is this the same with all nurserys?

CarGirl Sat 23-Aug-08 22:53:52

You will get funding for 38 weeks of the year so it will run from 2nd week in September until early/mid July. Average the weekly costs over that period IYSWIM - you will have at 7 weeks at full cost possibly a couple more within that period.

mummy31 Tue 26-Aug-08 22:06:36

thanks so much ladies im not daft - honest just hate change when it concerns money and lots of it!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now