Talk

Advanced search

Nursery near Berkhamsted

(6 Posts)
youcannotbeserious Mon 18-Aug-08 10:41:43

Can anyone give me some recommendations?

Thanks!

theSuburbanDryad Mon 18-Aug-08 10:43:06

How near do you want to be? Ds goes to nursery in Chesham and we're very happy with it.

youcannotbeserious Mon 18-Aug-08 10:44:54

Chesham would be fine.

Currently looking at Happy Hares (attached to Haresfoot House school) and Old Macdonalds nursey in Bovingdon

theSuburbanDryad Mon 18-Aug-08 10:47:53

My neighbour uses the one that's off that bridge over the A41 - Fledglings? Sorry that's a bit vague. I know she's very happy with the care there.

We use Monkey Puzzle in Chesham - it's a chain, but the care there is very much geared up towards to positive reinforcement and most of the carers there are mothers themselves. Here's their website - you may find one closer than Chesham, I think there may be one in Hemel Hempstead.

youcannotbeserious Mon 18-Aug-08 10:50:17

Fledgelings.... thanks!! grin

DH told me to check that one out at DSDs went there and they liked it but he couldn't remember the name of it!!!

WIll also check Monkey Puzzle...

If you don't mind, could you please let me know what questions I should ask when I visit them? or just go on the 'feel' of the place....

DS will be 7-8 months when he starts and will only go for 1-2 half days, just to get him used to spending a little time away from me...

thanks again,

theSuburbanDryad Mon 18-Aug-08 11:11:13

Same as any other nursery really - check their staff turnover, see how much the staff get paid, have a chat with the carers and make sure they're happy. Ask about their kitchen provision, and make sure they're happy to give your child finger foods if that's important to you (we were BLW-ing so i made sure they didn't spoon feed ds too much).

Just see if their ethos on child-rearing match with yours, really. But I do think that the staff turnover is always important as it can be stressful for a child to be cared for by a succession of different people - and it's also nice for the children to get attached to their key worker.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now