Talk

Advanced search

Nurseries in Cardiff - any advice?

(11 Posts)
BethV Sun 17-Aug-08 13:07:54

Hi all. I have started looking around for nurseries in Cardiff for my daughter. She will be 12 months old when I return to work. I am finding it really a difficult decision and would really appreciate any advice you may have. I am looking in the Roath/penylan/Heath/LLanishan/cyncoed area. I am viewing playbox nursery by Roath park and Daisy Day in LLanishan this week.
Thanks!

sallystrawberry Sun 17-Aug-08 13:11:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

sallystrawberry Sun 17-Aug-08 13:12:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BethV Sun 17-Aug-08 13:30:35

Thanks. any advice is appreciated! It is such a hard decision!

mumeeee Tue 19-Aug-08 21:29:42

I would not go to Daisy Day. I'm a supply nursery nurse and have worked there on a few occasions.
I have found that they have a high turn over of staff and that the children often have the same toys all day.
Liiliput Day nusery is on St agnes road and is a very good nursery.

PeaMcLean Tue 19-Aug-08 21:32:15

I liked Acorns in Roath. Just seemd to have a lovely atmosphere and I never had any real problems with how they looked after DS. They seemed really nice.

BethV Tue 19-Aug-08 22:43:57

Thanks. Liliput is actually closing next year. When I phoned to enquire they told me! We liked Acorns in LLanishan but it is fully booked til next July! Acorns in Roath seemd nice I agree but it is difficult for us to get to in the mornings. Have you heard anything about Play box nursery?

PeaMcLean Tue 19-Aug-08 22:46:07

Don't know Playbox but you can't be that far from me. I'm in Heath. Good luck with finding somewhere you're happy with.

bluejellybean Tue 19-Aug-08 22:47:31

Is there a Children and Family Centre with a nursery? We have 2 locally and they are both Outstanding Ofsted graded and I am delighted with my choice,

bluejellybean Tue 19-Aug-08 22:47:34

Is there a Children and Family Centre with a nursery? We have 2 locally and they are both Outstanding Ofsted graded and I am delighted with my choice,

mumeeee Wed 20-Aug-08 17:11:36

Another good Nursery is First Friends it is within the grounds og f the tax office on Ty Glass Road.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now