Talk

Advanced search

Setting up nursery?

(5 Posts)
pokeydot Fri 15-Aug-08 14:05:26

Ok so myelf and a friend (shes fully qualifed) are thinking of setting up a nursery...

What do we need? where do we have to go to first? AARRGGHHH someone please help we have no idea where to start!!

thanks in advance!!
xxx

JiminyCricket Fri 15-Aug-08 14:18:34

No idea but I do know some people who had a LOT of trouble getting council permission to turn their large premises into a nursery - issues like drive widening/access off busy road/neighbours etc.

pokeydot Fri 15-Aug-08 14:26:21

thinking of hiring somewhere that would get or already has the council permission...just no idea where to start!!
x

ShinyPinkShoes Fri 15-Aug-08 14:32:40

Contact your local Children's Information service. Every area produces a document called the Childcare Sustainability Report, which; in a nutshell is a supply and demand process looking at the demand for childcare, and the childcare that is available to meet that demand.

I would make that document your starting point to be honest as it will clearly tell you where the needs are.

Next I would contact your local council who is lkely to employ a Childcare Development Manager/Officer. They are tasked with supporting the development of high quality childcare and can support you in planning and developing that.

I assume you have already downloaded the National Standards for the Regulation of Daycare and the EYFS ? They are worth reading.

There is also a useful thread on the [[http://www.nurseryworld.co.uk/forums/showthread/36a6320b-7386-43d0-8e3d-fdd3ece92b87/ Nursery World website about starting a Nursery]

ShinyPinkShoes Fri 15-Aug-08 14:33:25

Oops

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now