Talk

Advanced search

DT's (3.5) at an excellent and reasonable nursery - DC3 due feb....please read on...

(5 Posts)
Neeerly3 Wed 06-Aug-08 12:37:57

when I go on Mat leave, nursery happy for me to cut back days for the DT's as obviously i will be on less pay and we need to cut back where we can.....come May when my mat leave reduces further to Statutory I will be going back to work, leaving me, sorry US, to afford 3 x childcare til sept when boys go to BIG school.

The dilema:

The current nursery would not be able to provide after school care due to the location of our preferred school, so we will be moving DT's in sept anyway to a bigger and more expensive nursery for after school - do I enroll baby in the new nursery as of May so that come september I am dropping off and picking up from same nursery even though that will cost me more. OR do I get baby into current nursery which i love and is more like leaving your little ones with family than a nursery....and then have to move boys in september, thus dropping off and picking up from two different nurseries......

SIGH!

Neeerly3 Wed 06-Aug-08 13:21:01

bump

EvelynsDad Wed 06-Aug-08 13:54:35

That's tough.

My natural inclination would be to stick with the nursery you know and love. Obviously it will be more work with 2 pick ups, but it saves you some money, the question then is can you afford the extra time taken?

Neeerly3 Wed 06-Aug-08 15:34:34

thanks ED - the current nursery is slap next door to work, so have to pass it to get to new nursery, adds no time at all....I think I will stick with it, the boys love it - they can pop down and check on baby while they are still there and i know and trust all the staff.

You never know if I ask nicely they may even do an after school pick up since i been there years!

LIZS Wed 06-Aug-08 15:39:24

Would n't plan any changes until you know for certain which school your dt's will go to .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now