Talk

Advanced search

good nurseries in hull??

(12 Posts)
glammam Wed 30-Jul-08 23:26:24

hi, i have a short term job coming up in hull in nov and am now looking for a nursery for my 18mth old son.
i have spoken to one and it sounds nice and the website is good, i'm going to visit there soon to see for myself what its like.
i'm just wondering if there are any hull mums on here who have any recommendations or warnings re certain nurseries?
thanks x

wrinklytum Wed 30-Jul-08 23:33:13

Sunflowers Day Nursery excellent

iS North of centre near the University

Tel O1482 849108

Staff very lovely

Got an outstanding Ofsted report

The owner has a second newly opened nursery in Hessle,near Hull. (Sunflowers Too)

Costs £32 Daily
£20 Half day
£150 Weelky

No I don't work there,am a very happy parent

HTH

wrinklytum Wed 30-Jul-08 23:34:31

Weelky shock I mean weekly!!!

accessorizequeen Wed 30-Jul-08 23:36:26

My ds's are at Sunflowers too (Hi Wrinkly grin) they love it and so do I, can't recommend more highly. Also impressed with Wishing Well on Endyke Lane. Wouldn't recommend Penguin on Newland Park, sent ds1 there for 2 years and was v.unhappy thus I moved him.

glammam Thu 31-Jul-08 08:54:47

thank you for that, just rang sunflowers and they can't really do the hours i need as they are so popular! good for them but not so good for me!
anybody know anything about rainbows on salisbury street? its right nr where i stay so is handy but there's no ofsted report yet.
sunflowers recommended little acorns so i'll give them a ring.
any more advice would be appreciated! x

glammam Thu 31-Jul-08 09:06:29

anybody got any experience of little acorns, hull? very good ofsted report but it'd be good to have a recommendation.
thanks x

accessorizequeen Thu 31-Jul-08 09:21:49

I don't know anything about little acorns, but 3 friends had dc's at Rainbow & are v.happy with it grin Sunflowers is hard to get into, presumably because it's soooo goood.

janeandben Thu 14-Aug-08 20:45:12

Hi
My DS is leaving Rainbow in 2 weeks after being there for 3 years! He has been very happy there and I have no probs with it. Lovely area, the staff are really nice (my cousin works there) and I would really recommend it.

If Little Acorns is on Hall Road my friend had a very bad experience there, young immature carers who were cutting her son's underpants off him when he soiled them and telling him off. Leaving scissors around (after cutting underpants off). She has moved him to one up in Cottingham I think.

janeandben Thu 14-Aug-08 20:45:57

Hi
My DS is leaving Rainbow in 2 weeks after being there for 3 years! He has been very happy there and I have no probs with it. Lovely area, the staff are really nice (my cousin works there) and I would really recommend it.

If Little Acorns is on Hall Road my friend had a very bad experience there, young immature carers who were cutting her son's underpants off him when he soiled them and telling him off. Leaving scissors around (after cutting underpants off). She has moved him to one up in Cottingham I think.

janeandben Thu 14-Aug-08 20:47:01

Hi

janeandben Thu 14-Aug-08 20:47:59

Hi

glammam Wed 27-Aug-08 17:26:46

Hiya, thanks for all the advice! Been over to Hull the other day and seen a few.
Does anyone have any experience of Bright and Earley on Caughy Street, off Spring Bank? It seems ok and is really near where I'm working but I would like to know any info people have about it. Thanks x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now