Talk

Advanced search

Any Nursery Managers?

(11 Posts)
juneybean Sat 19-Jul-08 16:53:07

I have an interview on Monday for a Deputy Nursery Manager position and I really would like it.

Any Nursery managers care to mock interview me? I'm so nervous

nurseryvoice Sat 19-Jul-08 17:16:26

wow them with your understanding of EYFS.

EG. child led, observations lead the activities, outside play vital. not much planning.

Try and give examples of how you have handled staff disputes as you will be fielding a lot of these.

Throw in something about child protection.

Dont forget to smile

Good luck

juneybean Sat 19-Jul-08 18:12:52

Thanks nurseryvoice :D

bossybritches Sun 20-Jul-08 18:59:16

"What can you bring to the existing team" (sell yourself here!!)

What role so you anticipate playing in establishing the new EYFS curriculum within our nursery? (wow them with your knoweldge or if your're unsure your willingness to join in the learning)

What would you do with a new child who was difficult to settle? (tricky as you might not know the nursery's policy)

What would you do if a parent complained to you about another member of staff?

Compile a short list of your own questions,hours/pay scale/training what THEY would expect of YOU as the deputy?

As NV says smile...ooh and take along any artwork/portfolio you may have already, course certs & previosu CRB check. Although they'll have to do their own it always shows willign to have it with you. Also make sure you know how much notice you would need to give your current job!

Good luck!grin When will you know if you've got it?

juneybean Sun 20-Jul-08 23:19:10

Oo thanks for that Bossybritches, I've never been in a proper manager position so I'm a bit scared but I guess they offered me an interview for a reason?!

The interview is at 8.30pm tomorrow night but hopefully they'll let me know Tuesday?

I'll definately let you know via the thread

bossybritches Mon 21-Jul-08 17:01:07

Good luck JB!!

Obviously doing the interviews after nursery closes- quite late really??!

Shame you don't get a chance to see it when it's open & the kids in situ really. Do you know anything about it?

Have a quick look for their OFSTED report if you get a chance before you go

juneybean Mon 21-Jul-08 17:46:59

It's a sessional nursery in a community centre so the hours would be mornings only, so I am surprised it's so late.

I don't really know much about it as I applied via JobCentrePlus, I tried to look on the website but it hasn't been updated since 2005 shock and the staff have all changed.

I did read their OFSTED report a few weeks ago but will re-read it.

Thanks for your help with all this!! :D Will let you know how it goes ((hugs))

juneybean Mon 21-Jul-08 21:12:02

Well I'm not sure if it went well or not, I don't think I sold myself as well as I should have.

It's 18.5 hours a week and I would be expected to do some work in my own time which I do not mind about as I'm just looking to gain any experience I can at the minute.

Hmm... they said they're making their decision tonight and will contact the successful applicant tomorrow so here's hoping!

bossybritches Mon 21-Jul-08 22:21:28

What are you doing at the mo JB? 18.5 pw isn't a lot of hours?

juneybean Mon 21-Jul-08 22:56:33

I have another job where I do 12 hours at a much higher rate. I work for a leisure company (and have done since I was 16)

I decided in 2006 I needed a change so went into child care and am looking for first proper job (am actually amazed they offered interview as only exp. I have is my placements and nannying for a little toddler)

I have no children though so money is not an issue for me

bossybritches Tue 22-Jul-08 07:24:15

well good luck but you might find as a DM you'll need a bit more nursery based experience to back up your training. Good experience of an interview though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now