Talk

Advanced search

Nursery fee increase. Is this excessive?

(4 Posts)
wanda Fri 04-Feb-05 11:56:51

I have used my nursery for almost five years for Dd and Ds is about to start in April. In all the time I have used the Nursery they have implemented a rise of £1 a day in April of every year. I have never queried this although I have often thought what a killing the owner is making when you mulitply this increase across all of the people using it. However this year I have been told that the increase will be £2 a day which equates to an increase way above the rate of inflation. The latest bill states that she is trying to keep her costs down and invites people to discuss this with her if they have any concerns. Anyone had this problem? I can't see that we will be getting anything extra for this significant increase. Do others think that this is over the top or I am just behind the times?

poppy101 Fri 04-Feb-05 12:31:23

It does seem a little high, but perhaps the owner is trying to keep hold of its staff and therefore needs to pay a better wage with a yearly increase. It depends if they can keep hold of the staff, if you have a good nursery and pay the right wages with a natural increase every year then it is a good nursery in my opinion.

Pamina3 Fri 04-Feb-05 12:46:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

wanda Fri 04-Feb-05 13:37:03

The increase is 7.5%. We are in a rural location so fees are not as high as in some places. However I haven't had a 7.5% wage increase ever! AND I doubt that the nursery staff are getting it either. Sorry, I'm a bit peed off about this one! Perhaps if she had explained what the increased costs were we wouldn't feel so peeved. There are a lot of very unhappy parents without any real alternatives. Basically we are stuffed!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now