My ds was ment to be starting nursery in april but listen to this!!!!(26 Posts)
Have you told them your feelings? I wouldn't give up yet. Explain the situation to them and see what they say.
I would definitely try and speak to them again. It's very unfair what they have done to you.
I'd definitely talk to them and make your point heard.
I would go and speak to them. They will probably not be able to offer your son a place if they are up to capacity because of staffing rations. However, someone may drop out or move away etc, you never know.
Is it a private nursery? I assume you did were not asked to put down a deposit? At the two nurseries DS has attended, we had to put down a deposit each time when we went to fill in the forms in order to secure a place.
I would still go and speak to them, but if they have no spaces left at present and you really want him to go there, maybe you should keep the September slot.
What an awful situation to be in pinkdiamond. If they won't budge, perhaps you should find another nursery place for your son for now, then you can make the decision about transfering him in Septemeber if a place comes up then.
All children are different but my dd went to seperate playgroup, nursery and reception and never had any trouble settling in. It might be better than risking not having a place at all.
I would insist on speaking to the nursery manager face to face to explain how you feel & what actions you've taken to secure his place. If you have any evidence, take that too!
Children are very good at making friends so do any of the other nursery's in the in the are feed into the primary school you son's going to ?
Definitely put his name down again. And go and see them and kick up a bit of a fuss - but nicely. They can't give you a place now if they're full and you don't want to fall out with them if you want ds to join in September, but you do want to be vocal enough that you're the first person they think of if a place comes up.
This has happened to me too and it's very annoying but sadly if they don't take deposits they take less notice of registrations so you need to be in touch regularly. It doesn't mean they care for your children any less well.
I would go and speak to whoever is in charege. You might find that they keep behind a couple of places for situations such as this. The playgroup/nursery my son attends does. A friend had her daughters name down, then didn't hear anything when other people started to get letters. She found out they had sent a letter asking if she still wanted a place but it must have got lost in the post. Luckily they were able to squeeze her in. If you can, go armed with the dates of your visit, form submission, etc.
I would definitely go higher and see if there is perhaps someone in the education department who can help. Although I am speaking from the situation of Scottish nursery places I am sure it would work in principal the same where you are PinkD.
We were told dst didn't have a place at any of the nurseries we chose. We had put in our choices last January to start this January. Pupil placement, based within the local authority were doing damn all so I wrote to the Scottish executive education department, basically government. They contacted the local education department and all of a sudden the head of department contacted us offering us places at a nursery in another town but a better school altogether. This was after weeks of fighting the brick wall of pupil placement who couldn't care less.
I know how you feel, I was actually in tears thinking of my dst missing out on this time of their lives. I felt like the worst mother ever but now all I wish is that I could afford to move to this town as it is much nicer.
Don't know if that helps but just to let you know you are not alone in your frustration!
Just a quick note to say that my DD started school with a bunch of kids that all went to nursery together and they were soon playing together like they'd always been friends. This situation is annoying for you I know but keep in mind that this won't affect him too much by the time he gets to school and they change friends every term then anyway. Hope you manage to sort out a place soon.
If your DS can open an unpadlocked gate that leads onto a main road, that's not a niggle, that's a huge concern!
I'm sure that between you and the nursery you could come to an agreement over securing the gate - after all it is there responsibility when look after the children! - and I'm sure that if your DS can open the gate other children could too.
Good luck investigating your other options - you're being very pragmatic about it, I would have gone balistic!
Have to say I'd be inclined to look for another nursery!! I know if you first post you said you really really wanted him to go their - but then later on you do seem to have quite a lot of reservations about it.
I'm suprised they've even passed their ofsted inspection if it's that unsafe!!
If they're not a private nursery I'm surprised they are able to ask for cash deposits. Sounds strange!Poor you, finding decent nurseries is enough of a hassle without this sort of nonsense!
Join the discussion
Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.Register now »
Already registered? Log in with:
Please login first.