Talk

Advanced search

active learning nurseries in Fulham/ Hornsey or anywhere - your comments

(19 Posts)
huggymummy Tue 18-Mar-08 18:12:24

An active learning nursery is opening at the end of the my street and I'm wondering whether I should transfer my ds there when it opens (would make life alot easier for me) but does anyone have any experience of them?

ja9 Tue 18-Mar-08 18:18:37

an active learning nursery?

i would have thought all nurseries 'do' active learning? it's just a teaching style that, until recently, has been more common in nurseries but is now being used throughout the primary school too.

camillathechicken Tue 18-Mar-08 18:20:18

no idea what it is, but if it is a good nursery and oyu like it and want to move your DC then do so !

huggymummy Tue 18-Mar-08 18:27:40

Hi - it's called Active Learning - it's a fairly new chain - it would help me to move ds but I have to balance it out with the fact that he'll be a bit uprooted.

Also you always take a chance with a new nursery hence wondering what the others in the chain are like.

You not heard of it?

nat35 Tue 18-Mar-08 20:25:25

I went for a visit (the one in Fulham) and liked it, so will be watching this with interest as i am still not sure what to do

huggymummy Tue 18-Mar-08 21:05:48

Nat

I've never come across them. My main concern is that as a relatively new company in a new area (mine) will there be enough interest to keep it open. I had to change nursery as my first one closed with very short notice. If I change again I really want to ensure it's the last time before state nursery.

Does the one in Fulham have a good local reputation and does it have a long waiting list?

winegums Wed 19-Mar-08 07:30:27

my daughter loves active learning- staff wonderful but more than that she doesn't want to come home in the evening. lots of extras but more than that warm and welcoming - to0ok time to settle mine in.

nat35 Wed 19-Mar-08 16:15:34

I only heard good thigns about the one in Fulham, but it doesnt have a waiting list hmmand when I visited there were only 10-15 kids there...But the programme, activities, resources and staff seemed good. If I find out more I ll let you know

Sorry to go off-topic huggymummy but I know other posters have been worried about you here

smile

EssieW Mon 24-Mar-08 15:30:59

we're very pleased with teh hornsey one - DS has been there for a couple of months now.
Not cheap though!

Iwasthinking Fri 11-Apr-08 10:02:46

DS is at Active Learning in Fulham they are a new nursery so maybe thats why they dont have a waiting list. I love the fact that everything looks so brand new!

AndreeaP Tue 01-Jul-08 21:32:29

I have registered my child with Active Learning Fulham, but I have the same questions as there is no OFSTEAD report and not too much feedback. But visiting the nursery, it impressed me how good/new/clean everything was. Is this subject still open to anyone there? I would appreciate some feedback ...MThanks.

FlyingSaucer Mon 18-Aug-08 23:25:58

I have just posted in two other Fulham nursery threads about this, sorry about the duplication, but it may be helpful. DS 17 months goes there and it is excellent IMO. It opened last Sept IIRC. There has been a low staff turnover, and a happy caring environment. DS loves it.

skibunny99 Fri 04-Dec-09 20:46:46

Hi,

Can anyone recommend some nurseries in fulham ? I'd really appreciate some feedback.
Or does anyone have any negative comments about nurseries in fulham ? I'm new to this!!

Many thanks for your help!

MrsMattie Fri 04-Dec-09 20:53:49

There is one near us. My children don';t go there, but I did look around when it opened. It seemed very nice - lovely building, good facilities, friendly staff - but I was slightly perturbed by the way they have got the whole sales patter down pat. It definitely feels like a chain nursery and that they are doing 'the sell' when they show you around.
Also, extremely expensive compared to all other nurseries in my area.

skibunny99 Sat 05-Dec-09 21:05:30

Which nurseries in fulham are worth checking out ?

Annie1974 Wed 16-Dec-09 15:27:09

My son loves the Active Learning in Kingston!!! I had him booked up for Ladybird nursery but they then informed me that it was closing down, so I went serching for another nursery suitable for my son & was thrilled with what I saw! They have a music teacher, science & nursery teacher, sports coach & art teacher. They learn so much and move around teh studios during the day which I liked (i wasn't keen on having my son in one room all day long). I recommend this nursery highly.

mali2010 Fri 01-Oct-10 10:31:45

for those recommending the Active Learning nursery in Fulham - what daily fees are we talking about? 60? 75? more? they do not provide details of their fees on their website which suggests it must be higher than other nurseries in the area?

Hattyracc Thu 11-Dec-14 20:50:24

Has anyone heard of or know anything about 'The Studio' in Fulham Broadway?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now