Talk

Advanced search

Nurseries in Weybridge

(14 Posts)
syed Wed 26-Sep-07 22:38:37

Hi lovely mummies just wondering if anyone knows of any good nurseries in Weybridge surrey for my 6mth old. Are they expensive?

Thanx

scienceteacher Wed 26-Sep-07 22:39:55

Not sure if they are in Weybridge itself, but the Cherry Nursery group is very good.

CarGirl Wed 26-Sep-07 22:41:36

They are ALL Expensive, are you looking for full or part time???? In all honestly I would try and get a very good childminder recommendation instead.

CarGirl Wed 26-Sep-07 22:43:39

Nearest Cherry is Brooklands, near Mothercare then the one off Scotland Bridge Road in New Haw and if you're prepared to travel to New Haw I can personally highly recommend a very small day nursery Called Doodles II Keston Avenue (no 26?), New Haw

scienceteacher Wed 26-Sep-07 22:44:34

I think there's a Cherry in Chertsey as well.

CarGirl Wed 26-Sep-07 22:47:02

The one near Thorpe Park????? That has closed I think from how it looks on the outside? I've heard some people rave about Rainbows in Lyne but I've heard from ex staff some horrid stuff! I'm not a fan of nurseries for babies although Doodles is an exception to that as it's very very small and doesn't do the baby room thing more like a childminders with the reliability of a day nursery

scienceteacher Wed 26-Sep-07 22:48:21

I've seen signs for Rainbow, but I always assumed it was located at Pyrcroft Primary school - of course, signs could have been pointing up the hill to Lyne.

scienceteacher Wed 26-Sep-07 22:48:22

I've seen signs for Rainbow, but I always assumed it was located at Pyrcroft Primary school - of course, signs could have been pointing up the hill to Lyne.

syed Wed 26-Sep-07 22:57:07

Thanx all.Well I don't mind going for a good childminder around Weybridge it's just knowing who to go for. It will be on a part time basis. Any sugestions?

Rachmumoftwo Wed 26-Sep-07 23:18:10

What about the one at the college near the train station? Is that still going (moved away 4 years ago). And oh yes, they are expensive, even more so in Weybridge that where I live now!

CarGirl Thu 27-Sep-07 15:12:27

Syed my cm is away at the moment for 2 weeks I shall ask her (I know of some that I wouldn't recommend)when are you hoping to start and what sort of hours are you wanting eg 3 full days, 5 half days etc?

syed Thu 27-Sep-07 16:19:57

Thanx CarGirl. Well I'm due to start a course in December and depending on my timetable it will probably be full day for 2-3 days or possibly mon-fri half days.It will also depend on how much they charge and how may days I can afford.

CarGirl Thu 27-Sep-07 16:22:28

The Weybridge ones I know charge £6 ph!!!!!! Addlestone tends to be cheaper are you going to Brooklands or elsewhere?

I would ring Doodles II 01932 888342 see if there is a possibility that they may have a space. Also worth going to visit it and some other nurseries it just gives you a feel of what to look for etc.

syed Thu 27-Sep-07 16:54:27

I will be studying in Newbury, but my mum lives in Weybridge so she is there to help but I wanted to get extra care for my son as my mum also cares my father who is not too well. I will def give Doodles a call. Thanx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now