Talk

Advanced search

Changed nursery days/hours since reopening this week?

(11 Posts)
brooker9 Wed 03-Jun-20 20:18:50

If your child has returned to nursery this week or planning to soon has the nursery limited attendance (days or session timings) to reflect the reduced number of children that are allowed in the bubbles/rooms. I'm trying to manage work expectations around my childcare needs. Previously she was in 4 full days but is now only allocated 2 full days. Wondered if that was similar to what other nurseries were doing?

OP’s posts: |
jannier Wed 03-Jun-20 21:17:42

It all seems to depend on your location my daughter works in a preschool with 5 staff and between 12 and 5 children instead of the usual 30. Similarly childminders have less children. I guess it depends on how many near you are going back to work.

angelopal Wed 03-Jun-20 21:25:00

We are Scotland so not sure when ours is reopening. But worried about not getting the hours we currently need. We actually need more as grandparents cover a day but don't know when that will be allowed.

popim Thu 04-Jun-20 07:24:45

It's the same here with reduced days. The plan to be back to usual provision in July which is a relief!

PotteringAlong Thu 04-Jun-20 07:26:15

Yes. Mine has gone from 7.30 - 5.30 5 days a week to 9-12 3 days a week

angelopal Thu 04-Jun-20 11:10:49

Is it just temporary? How can people work if they are only getting a fraction of the nursery hours they need? Dreading what we are going to be given. Have a school aged DC as well so no idea what hours they will do as will be part time.

PlugUgly1980 Thu 04-Jun-20 11:16:25

Yes mine does 4 days and is only going back 2. Work have been fine with it, as it's not my choice, it's completely out of my control, so they're supportive of me continuing to work reduced hours on the days he's at home. I've also got a Year 1 child who school can't take back because they don't have space. The only circumstances our employer won't support is where parents are going against Gov advice and not sending their children back through choice, which is understandable as they have to draw a line somewhere. In these cases unpaid family leave is being offered, rather than flexible working on full pay.

HeyBlaby Thu 04-Jun-20 11:23:15

Manchester, 7.30-4, 2 days per week. Usually does 3 days 7.30-17.30.

Both key workers and as I was at Nightingale NW, son lived with grandparent for 9 weeks, nursery also shut completely. I have now left Nightingale and have 2 weeks off before I start district nursing, the same week nursery reopens but we will have to rely on assistance from a grandparent also due to reduced hours/days at nursery.

timeforawine Thu 04-Jun-20 11:29:26

Kid's at my daughters nursery have gone back as normal, just an hour earlier closing time to allow for cleaning
Assume it's based on how many kids going back and how many staff

dinosaurdee Thu 04-Jun-20 14:38:09

Ours allocated as follows:
Priority 1: key worker children who have been attending all through
Priority 2: key worker children who haven't been attending all through
Priority 3: children of parents where government have said they can return to work
Priority 4: children whose parents would like them to attend some sessions - they said parents needed to be mindful that it wouldn't necessary be same days / hours as before.

brooker9 Sun 07-Jun-20 13:34:08

Considering I've been (trying to) work with no childcare, I'm relieved to have the 2 days. I was just under the impression that most people weren't sending their kids back to childcare or school so was surprised to only get half of what I previously had! Sounds like its fairly common experience though. Thanks.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in