Talk

Advanced search

Leapfrog nursery closure Northampton

(8 Posts)
dontlookatme Fri 14-Sep-07 16:53:24

Hi Im really sad and annoyed!!! About 6 weeks ago started my ds (nearly 3) off at Leapfrog Nurseries in Riverside Northampton, After much deliberation and research i might add!!!!! About a month ago was informed Busy Bees chain have took them over, now today informed they are closing this branch. Ds has settled in so well there, and all the staff are wonderful, not sure where now to turn as have about a month to sort something else. Bit miffed as looks like I have lost the £60 registration fee too. sad

nannynick Fri 14-Sep-07 19:12:03

Are BusyBees not offering you any alternative - such as a BusyBees nursery nearby? I am not surprised that BusyBees are shutting some Leapfrog nurseries following their purchase, as in some areas there may not be sufficiently high occupancy rates to permit there being a BusyBees and a Leapfrog nursery in the same area. But if they haven't offered you an alternative, I'm wondering why they are closing a branch.

bran Fri 14-Sep-07 19:26:18

I think you have a pretty good case for getting your registration fee back. Threaten to take them to the small claims court if necessary, they'll probably pay up rather than go through the hassle involved.

Wisteria Fri 14-Sep-07 19:28:56

I think you are entitled to a refund if they have taken over the existing business lock, stock & barrel (with client list and prior commitments standing).
That's rotten luck - must tell my little bro as he does a lot of the photography for nurseries in the area.

dontlookatme Mon 17-Sep-07 21:51:46

Thanks no further news Im hoping someone else will buy premises as its soo convienient for my work/ home. Other leapfrog is quite away away!

TomShea Tue 01-Jan-08 09:33:59

Really sad to have seen this close - as I founded Jigsaw (which it was), designed Northampton Nursery and live there too.

In fact I now realise big is not best and have got a few small nurseries which are all special - one is just up from Riverside at Moulton - it is a Georgian Building with a 3 acre Forest Nursery attached and an exemplary team.

Feel free to email me if you want to know more. tom.s@childfirst.co.uk

catherinebradley Tue 03-Jan-17 13:06:55

i have just recently heard about this closure as my friends daughter used to attend, but we both agree that the best and most friendliest nursery we have found is St Matthews Nursery and Pre-School in Northampton, they are a small friendly nursery and the bonus we found that it was all on one level so no scary stairs for the children to negotiate, it is bright clean and fun place for our children they just love and look forward to going. So if your looking for a place to send your children because of the closure send them here their number is 01604 712647

Snowflake65 Tue 03-Jan-17 13:11:53

@catherinebradley I think the OPs child will be at secondary school now

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now