Nursery dilema(9 Posts)
ok mumsnetter help!
DD2 has been at the same nursery since she was 7 months old she's now just 2.2. Its great, friendly, low staff turn over and she's very settled. Negatives are they don't open until 8.15am, it a bit of a detour to get too and the cost has crept up.
We have been recommended a nursery by friends which is in a better location, opens at 8, £5 a day cheaper and she has a couple of friends there.
so do i stick with the one she knows and loves but means extra travelling time, inconvience for DH when dropping her off and costs £400 a year more??
Have you checked the other nursery yet?
Is there any possibility to send her there for a couple of days a week to see if she likes it? or if you are happy with it?
If it is what you are looking for, go for it but don't forget that friends can have very different expectatives to you, if so, stick to the one that your child and you feel more happy about.
other nursery has places have phoned and asked, my one concern is the nursery we are at is full with a waiting list but the other has spaces, i kinda want to know why.
i was thinking of doing a trial session or 2 but can't get my head around it all!
£400 is a lot of money but on the other hand she is happy and settled.
wish i could jut jack it all in and stay at home but then thats a whole other thread!
It doesn't always mean anything bad that a nursery has spaces. My local playschool does but mainly as there isn't a lot of young children currently in the village.
BTW £400 is less than £10 a week for your child's current happiness.
400 it is not a lot of money when you are already used to spend that money in childcare. I would happily spend the extra to ensure my child was happy and settled.
ofsted report good idea - not done that yet
It not just the money, its also the 8am start which means dh doesn't have to race across town to be at school of 8.30am. Also the location means that i could drop dd1 at school and then dd2 at nursery and be in work for 9.30am.
the main reason i havent done anything yet is that dd2 is happy and settled and i really don't want to rock the boat there but i do just keep thinking that the pros of the other place might just sway me.
I really wondered about this earlier this year, I have a good state school across the street, and the marvellous one I had dreamed of 18 miles and several thousand pounds away.
I thought of the relief of stopping paying day care/school fees, about not having to do such a school run, about being able to have only one car instead of two, about XYZ, and was about to tell the marvellous school that DS would not be joining them in reception when I visited the school across the road for a second time. Well, the hour spent there made me realise that no matter how good that school was and how much advantages that school had for me, it was definitively not the right one for DS. So... we stayed with the other one, and I'm not regretting it at all. The more than I think about it the more convinced I am that it was the right the decision.
That's why I suggest to check the other nursery first because it may be the case that you really don't need to be wondering much whether to keep her in the present nursery or not
i think i need to go and visit on my own and then take dd2 if i like it.
its ofsted is great
Join the discussion
Please login first.