Talk

Advanced search

part time nursery search

(5 Posts)
GeeMa2208 Sat 07-Sep-19 21:08:41

My DD has been spooked into the nursery search so thought I'd ask. She is looking in Putney/southfields area for two days a week next Easter but one day may need to be flexible. Frustratingly no nursery seems to show fees on their site! Can anyone in these areas offer recommendations please?

OP’s posts: |
Apple40 Sat 07-Sep-19 22:16:36

Hi, sorry no idea on fees, locally busy bees here in Norwich is £60.50 a day. All my local nursery’s only offer set days each week so no scope for a flexible day, your dd may need to consider a childminder if she needs flexible days.

GeeMa2208 Sun 08-Sep-19 07:34:54

Thanks Apple40. They only need one of the days to be flexible due to her fiancé working retail but you may be right.

OP’s posts: |
Littlefish Sun 08-Sep-19 11:38:52

I think you will find a nursery that offers a flexible day quite hard to find. Nurseries follow legal ratios for staffing. A childminder may be able to offer what you're looking for.

CarrotPuff Mon 09-Sep-19 18:30:50

Childminders have legal ratios too, and I think it will be hard to find one willing to be flexible. She might have to suck it up and just pay for that extra day whether or not they always need it. Or use some sort of ad hoc childcare on that day.

Nurseries round here charge £70+ per day, and childminders £5-6 per hour. I'm not in London, but in commuter belt, so pretty much London prices.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in