Talk

Advanced search

montessori question about fees

(12 Posts)
dollyk Tue 31-Jul-07 17:03:47

Do you think that its right to pay fees when the nursery closes for holiday,

hercules1 Tue 31-Jul-07 17:04:19

I dont pay fees for dd's montessori during the holidays.

dollyk Tue 31-Jul-07 17:08:00

well I cant understand it really ,Hercules1 do you still pay if you daughter is off sick ect

hercules1 Tue 31-Jul-07 17:08:50

Yes and would expect to but I only pay fees in term time. I would have thought that all montessoris would be the same.

TranquilaManana Tue 31-Jul-07 17:10:02

they want ytou to pay fees for when they are closed? really?? thats v odd. are you sure?

hercules1 Tue 31-Jul-07 17:11:07

Teachers dont get paid for holidays but are paid over the 12 months. I would think it would be a similar thing for montessori staff so what you apy during the term gets used to pay staff over the year.

dollyk Tue 31-Jul-07 17:12:35

Im the same I dont mind paying when dd is off but they said that I have to pay up to the term dates and thats when they are closing for 2 weeks holiday

bundle Tue 31-Jul-07 17:13:07

our nursery has a shutdown in the summer of 2 weeks and a week at christmas. if still want to have a place when you go back then yes, I'd expect to pay for the holidays (though our nursery spreads this cost so you pay for the 49 weeks over 52, iyswim). surely staff deserve holiday pay? or are they all employed casually?

hercules1 Tue 31-Jul-07 17:13:22

I have to pay a full term at at time in advance up to the start of the holiday. Is this what you mean?

TranquilaManana Tue 31-Jul-07 17:53:50

i just assume that the nursery or school themselves will sort out the details of teachers pay etc.

i would expect to be given a price for the terms i intend to use the place, and that price, whatever it is, to include any of the overheads etc neccessary. makes sense, no?

dollyk Tue 31-Jul-07 17:59:14

I dont understand it I thought that with them closing for holiday for 2 weeks i would not have to pay, I dont see why anyone should really or is it just me??

LIZS Tue 31-Jul-07 18:05:51

Not sure what you mean tbh. Montessoris should n't differ to any other nursery.

If it is a termtime nursery school you pay a term in advance (and that is the fees on which the LEA vouchers for aged 3+ are based).

If it is a daycare setting surely you then pay all year round to keep the place. It is easier to do this by 12 equal monthly installments than to split the same cost overall by 52 weeks and work it out each month allowign for closures.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now