Online Learning Journeys

(8 Posts)
njs2346 Thu 23-May-19 16:34:18

Hi

I manage/own a small nursery and I'm thinking of starting to use online learning journeys. I have looked at several and I can see the positives and neagtives in all of them from a practitioners point of view. However, what I would like to know is if you as parents have experience of them and what you like/dislike about them.

Many thanks

Nicola

OP’s posts: |
AllieG1121 Thu 23-May-19 21:55:48

Hi I manage a nursery and we use tapestry the feedback from parents is brilliant. They love that they can leave feedback, pictures and comments as well as logging in when they like. It is also one of the most secure online journal sites. One of my practitioners is a parent and she was absolutely thrilled with it. Hope that’s helpful 😊

PatchworkElmer Thu 23-May-19 21:57:11

Our nursery have Tapestry and we love it. So nice to have updates on DS regularly, and add our own easily.

SamBaileys Thu 23-May-19 21:58:46

Another nursery practitioner using Tapestry here- absolutely love it, we've had nothing but positive feedback from staff and parents.

Haggisfish Thu 23-May-19 21:59:41

My nursery used tapestry and I loved it as a parent.

thisusernameun Thu 23-May-19 22:09:31

Our nursery uses parent zone and I find it simply amazing. I feel like I get to know what my child is up to (we get meals, sleep, nappies and an observation with photos each day), and helps have really meaningful discussions with the key workers and also feel like I have not left my baby.

SnugglySnerd Thu 23-May-19 22:11:44

Our nursery uses it too. It's lovely during the day to get a photo or video of my dcs and see what they're doing.

Advertisement

MondeoFan Thu 23-May-19 22:28:21

I'm a nursery practitioner and we use Famly
All good and can upload pics and link pics to observations and age brackets for 7 areas of learning
No complaints at all

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in