Talk

Advanced search

Am I just being a fussy mum? Or is this nursery too hot!?

(7 Posts)
Blueeyes91 Tue 05-Feb-19 15:04:35

So my daughter goes to nursery Monday and Tuesday's from 8am to 6pm.

Last week they told me she was teething as her cheeks were pink. As soon as they said that I thought 'no she's not she's too hot'.

Then yesterday and today I've had to collect her because her temperature is too high. She floppy and generally miserable.

Got her home yesterday and she fell asleep before I could give calpol. Then when she woke up she was super happy and no temperature.

Today she came home looking worse than yesterday. She's cried so much. I gave her calpol and she guzzled her bottle down. It was definitely a thirsty guzzle.

Yesterday the heater in the room said 34 and today it said 39... celcius...

All the other kids seem fine in their clothes and jumpers. But I genuinely feel like my daughter has over heated. I've expressed my concern but they're making me feel like I'm wrong.

Am I wrong? Or is my gut right?

OP’s posts: |
LordPickle Tue 05-Feb-19 15:07:10

That's obviously way too hot for a nursery, especially as most children are in layers. I believe the temp is meant to be between 18-23.

HSMMaCM Tue 05-Feb-19 15:30:08

Have a chat with them and say she seems too warm. Also ask them to make sure she's drinking her water/milk. Check what temperature the room is kept at, as the temperature you read may be inaccurate (if not it's far too hot). Is she wearing layers, so they can take off a layer if she seems hot?

Most problems can be solved by a chat with a key worker.

Thehop Tue 05-Feb-19 21:03:09

That’s outrageously hot. Talk to them and send her in layers.

LoisLittsLover Tue 05-Feb-19 21:04:18

Was it actually 39 degrees? Because there is no way anyone is comfortable in that in a jumper

missyB1 Tue 05-Feb-19 21:09:18

It can’t gave been 39 degrees how would they even get the room that hot?! Are the staff wearing bikinis? grin
Find out the true temperature of the room and ask staff to take a layer off your dd if she looks warm. Also check how often she is drinking her water bottle, ask staff to offer it regularly.

LittleMissWeary Tue 05-Feb-19 21:09:55

39c? That's insanely hot. The staff would be boiling hot and feeling ill.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in