Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Government funding after they have turned 3?

(14 Posts)
Booklover Tue 03-Jul-07 16:37:38

I was told that the government pays for a certain amount of hours spent in nursery after child has turned 3. How can I find out how many hours they pay for, does anyone know of a website or has some advice?
Many thanks

SchneeblyNahasapeemapetilon Tue 03-Jul-07 16:38:47

it is 12.5 hours per week. Usually 2.5 per day. HTH.

Mumpbump Tue 03-Jul-07 16:39:45

Do a google search for nursery grant and it brings up a load of different Councils' websites with information. Don't know if it depends on local government or if it is funded by central government.

JARMdonut Tue 03-Jul-07 16:40:56

Its 12.5 hrs a week, usually 2.5hrs a day.

Its also from the term after they turn 3, so Easter, summer and christmas.

DD1 gets hers in September for being a July birthday.

yaddayah Tue 03-Jul-07 16:41:14

should have info on your local council's website

SchneeblyNahasapeemapetilon Tue 03-Jul-07 16:46:31

here

Millarkie Tue 03-Jul-07 17:03:32

Does anyone know if it can only be claimed for full terms? Dd moved nurseries at half term, the old nursery gave her the discount, the new one didn't.

Shoshable Tue 03-Jul-07 17:05:47

Milarkie it depends on your local council, Dorset will pay it in half terms.

Millarkie Tue 03-Jul-07 17:26:22

Thanks Shoshable - I've looked on local council webpage and it doesn't mention limits. I guess I better ask the nursery in case they didn't claim it (although I'm also guessing it won't be back paid)

IlanaK Tue 03-Jul-07 17:35:59

Milarkie, as far as I know, it DOES NOT depend on local councils. The rules are national. If a child joins mid term after head count day, the nursery must still apply the funding even though they don't receive it. On the otherhand, if a child leaves mid term after headcount day, they keep the funding anyway. Its swings and roundabouts.

Shoshable Tue 03-Jul-07 18:00:18

Ilana not here it dosnt, we have a form that we have to fill in if funded child leaves, and we do have to return any funds.

Millarkie Tue 03-Jul-07 18:02:19

Oh, so it's likely that the nursery should have given her the discount but haven't because they are unlikely to be 'refunded' by the council? (Nursery she moved to wasn't full so she didn't replace a child who left).

LIZS Tue 03-Jul-07 18:09:22

I think they have a termly cut off date for submitting forms to LEA so your dd may have missed claiming at the second one. Thge nursery (preshcool, playgroups, childminder etc) has to be registered with Ofsted and meet set LEA criteria (ie operate a minimum number of weeks per year and hours per week ) for it to qualify too.

Millarkie Tue 03-Jul-07 18:13:26

We got a list of eligible nurseries from the children's information service at the local council. They are def. able to claim the grant.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now