Nursery Advice.

(11 Posts)
mammy0f0ne Wed 23-Jan-19 14:26:53

Hello! We've just been granted 2 year funding (DS was 2 in December). He will have his first full five hours there by himself on Friday.

I'm wondering if anyone can answer my questions.

•what do you send to nursery?

•is it unreasonable to ring a couple of times?

•do you label ALL clothes that you send?

I'm sure that's all but I may have more questions!!

OP’s posts: |
simonisnotme Wed 23-Jan-19 18:08:00

In our 'Tots (2 year olds) room in a school , they bring in a drinking bottle that stays at school plus spare nappies and spare clothes that go home/ nannies etc. Bags are labeled and uniform if worn is labeled. its probably a good idea to get used to labeling clothes as they will need it at school.

Cheesenacho123 Wed 23-Jan-19 18:34:05

Send your usual nappy changing items you’d go out the house with e.g wipes, nappies, sacks and bum cream. Plus pack a complete change of clothes. I took wellies in on my sons first day to be kept there in case he needed them on and to save his shoes being ruined.

My sons nursery said it was completely fine to ring as many times as I wanted on his first day. They asked me just drop off and go rather than stay. I assume this would be the same for most nurseries.

I would attempt to label most things. I made a mistake of not doing the first day and my son ended up with another boys coat which was far too small for him, I did get his coat back so there was no issues. I’d get a permanent marker and just put either name or initials on the labels. I have some iron on labels still to try yet.

biddybid73 Wed 23-Jan-19 18:36:04

Definitely a spare set of clothes in a bag.

Some nurseries provide nappies, wipes and bum cream so worth asking before rocking up with supplies.

I tend to label most things then you stand more of a chance of getting them back!

TulipsInbloom1 Wed 23-Jan-19 18:37:31

Send a spare outfit. Nappies and wipes if not potty trained.

Please don't ring. They will ring you if needs be. All ringing will do is bring them away from the kids unnecessarily.

Yes. Label everything.

AssassinatedBeauty Wed 23-Jan-19 18:40:58

They should have told you what you need to pack, but generally a few changes of clothes and nappy changing supplies if you're expected to provide those.

You can ring of course, but maybe try not to - they will ring you if there's anything they need to communicate to you.

Label everything!

Dyingforchocolate Wed 23-Jan-19 19:56:01

They should tell you what you need to send. DD nursery provides wipes, nappies, food, water, juice and cows milk. I had to provide sudocream. We have to send them with 2 changes of clothes and weather appropriate clothes/shoes so right now big jacket, hat wellies. But other than that they provide everything. I do label everything although I tend not to send her in anything expensive anyway just in case.

Advertisement

Dyingforchocolate Wed 23-Jan-19 19:56:50

Oh and about ringing they said they didn't mind how much I rang. I rang once each day for the first couple of weeks, but now am happy that they will ring me if there's any issues. She is only one though so slightly younger

UghFletcher Wed 23-Jan-19 20:07:13

Nappies
Wipes
Nappy Cream
Any prescription medication they need

A couple of changes of clothes
Wellies
Winter coat / all in one

All labelled as things easily go amiss.

mammy0f0ne Thu 24-Jan-19 11:43:30

Thanks everyone!!! I did put a spare pair of clothes in there for his trials. I think I'll just label things as I put them on him/ in his bag.

They said I could call whenever, but I'm hoping that I'll be right enough and busy enough. I really did love the girls at the nursery and my DS took to them really well.

I think I'm a bit nervous, my DS was prem and he doesn't talk much. I'm worried he won't go and get his bottle if he wants a drink or that they won't offer it to him because he can't ask for help.

OP’s posts: |
AssassinatedBeauty Thu 24-Jan-19 15:19:51

Don't worry about your DS getting a drink - the nursery will be used to children at different stages of communication and it's a very basic part of their job to make sure the children are fed and watered.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in