Talk

Advanced search

What can I do if I think employees are being treated badly?

(3 Posts)
NewMumSept2014 Thu 19-Jul-18 09:48:45

The girls in DDs (3.5) and DSs (1.5) crèche/ nursery are amazing. I have absolute faith in them looking after my children, the kids love them and it gives me such peace of mind to know they’re happy there when I’m at work. Recently there has been a change of management and I feel the staff are really not being treated well- moved against their will to different rooms/ facilities (often with no warning) and when they have raised complaints with management have been spoken to harshly and disrespected. The constant change of staff is deeply unsettling for DD in particular as she loved her old “teachers”. I feel so sorry for the girls and worry that if management continue to treat them like dirt they will lose a lot of good staff.

Have tried expressing my concerns to the owner but didn’t get anywhere. Is there anything else I can do?

OP’s posts: |
IVEgotthePOWER Thu 19-Jul-18 09:52:43

How do you know all this?

I assume changes are being made for a reason. Have they had a bad ofsted?

Its common for practitioners to be moved rooms from time to time. Some people dont work well together, some people have different strengths and weaknesses.

What do you mean by constant change of staff? Have the practitioners in your dcs room changed multiple times?

IGiorni Fri 20-Jul-18 09:35:52

There’s not much you can do about the treatment of the employees unfortunately. If the lack of continuity of care is affecting your children, you could put in a complaint. It is a vital part of early years care and whilst changes may need to be made to cover staff leaving etc, this should be within reason. I’ve worked in awful nurseries with a huge staff turnover and it does have an impact. If you are not happy with the response to your complaint, you can go to Ofsted.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in