Talk

Advanced search

On waiting list but the nursery are moving next week and didn't tell me!

(7 Posts)
lpchill Wed 11-Jul-18 06:33:03

I had signed up at the start of the year for nursery for next summer term 2019.

My friend has not sorted preschool yet so I recommend the one I am signed up for and they told her they are moving to a different site two towns over next week! I called them and apparently letters went out last week. To say I'm angry is an understatement.

I am now scrabbling to find a nursery place. One is through the first school and the other is a private place.

The school may have openings but they have told me they won't decide until the term before. So I would assume I need to signed up for another place in case we don't get a place?

What happens if I can't get a preschool place? I am really keen for my daughter to get in as she is an only child so would really benefit from the social interactions.

OP’s posts: |
lpchill Wed 11-Jul-18 06:36:03

I forgot to add I won't have a car to take my daughter to nursery. I can cycle but it's over a 20 minute run to the next town over.

BendingSpoons Wed 11-Jul-18 06:45:18

That's rubbish but better they move now than when she has started. Just to check, are you looking for a place next year? It's quite normal for places not to know details yet. I would put her name down at a couple that are local. DD will be entitled to free hours from Easter 2019 but I am anticipating it may be hard to get a place until Sept, especially at a school nursery.

lpchill Wed 11-Jul-18 08:29:50

Yes from Easter next year 2019. The school said I needed to get an application for in ASAP but they don't look at summer term until spring term so I won't know if we have a spot. Will have to try and get her down for another one just in case.

I posted letting other parents know on Facebook and have been shamed because I can't cycle or walk two towns over and can't afford £19 a week on bus tickets.

PramCush Wed 11-Jul-18 08:36:07

It's a 20 min cycle away? That's very doable.

lpchill Wed 11-Jul-18 11:23:41

Just found out it's not where they told me on the phone it's even further into town so cycling down a very busy road that's 40 mins each way!!!!

Littlefish Fri 13-Jul-18 21:49:23

So, you're looking for a nursery/pre-school place for 8 months' time? Many school nurseries are not able to confirm a place until the term before, so that's not unusual.

If you don't get a place for the summer term, there will be far more places available a term later, in the Autumn term. The school where I work hasn't been able to offer a summer term intake for a couple of years now as we simply don't have the places available. Some school nurseries only offer a pre-school year.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in