Talk

Advanced search

Work wants to change our hours....

(4 Posts)
user1475938889 Sat 26-May-18 21:58:29

My colleagues and I have been told our working hours will likely change. We will move from set hours/days to a shift pattern. My DH and I currently have set days for childcare and set hours. The new arrangement would require working until late in the evening rather than finishing at 4.30/5 Just wondered if anyone had any thoughts.... We do not have anyone else to rely upon for childcare, nursery only and my DH works also.

OP’s posts: |
NapQueen Sat 26-May-18 22:01:52

Could you arrange childcare according to dh hours and then if your shifts overlap with his there is already childcare booked. On his days/evenings off he has the dc while you work.

user1475938889 Sat 26-May-18 22:04:46

Thank u. That's a good idea if we have set days but any thoughts if I have to work varied days as nursery only offer set days ( I work part time) I care for DS two days/week.

OP’s posts: |
jannier Sun 27-May-18 12:28:51

As a childminder I have families on shifts they need 3 days some weeks 4 others so pay for 4 days I loose a days pay they sometimes loose a day.
I have another who I can fit In with another child as they are flexible on days so just pay for what is needed that week.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in