Advanced search

Violent child in room

(7 Posts)
Whenwillwe3meetagain Mon 12-Mar-18 18:18:12

Just looking for some advice.
My son is at a nursery 2 days a week (he is 3.25) and every time he comes back and I ask him what he did he says XX was very naughty, he hit me, he bit xoxo etc etc. My son is due in tomorrow but one of my friends just messaged saying there was an accident form because this boy bit her son again. The bitten boy is very quiet and apparently the bite was completely unprovoked. Each time I do pick up XX is causing havoc, floods at the water table, chucking books around, having a tantrum etc. You can see the staff are stressed by this and often he seems to be 1:1 with somone. I'm concerned this is having a detrimental effect on the kids.
I have asked in the past if anything was being done about this behaviour after my son cried when he got home about being hit again and was given a wishy washy answer.
Any advice on what to do if this continues or do I just butt out and let the staff deal with it. Thanks

ClemDanfango Mon 12-Mar-18 19:09:10

You can bring this to the attention of your child’s keyworker, be clear about how the hitting is affecting your child and bring it up consistently if it continues.
By alerting the staff it will bring to their attention how much this child’s behaviour is affecting others and should prompt them to find ways to manage his needs better (I.e a permanent 1:1 support person) which will benefit the child and group as a whole.

Whenwillwe3meetagain Tue 13-Mar-18 15:25:54

Thanks that's helpful

PaddyF0dder Tue 13-Mar-18 15:29:37

They can’t exactly give you a detailed answer on what is being done about the other child. That’s confidential. But I can understand why you’re concerned.

Entirely possible that there are developmental concerns in the other kid.

luckiestgirl Tue 13-Mar-18 15:35:53

Sounds like my boy a year ago. He has ASD and 1:1 help. Im sure the other parents just hought he was naughty.

boredofwaitingagain Tue 13-Mar-18 15:56:12

That's fine luckiestgirl but your son had 1-1. If this child is not being supervised to the extent the OP says then he prob also needs a 1-1.

jagkumar Thu 15-Mar-18 13:28:15

Im sorry to hear this and it looks like the nursery have their hands tied behind their backs with following the statutory regulations. I suggest you ask to speak to the senior manager at the Local authority Inclusion team (via the nursery if you prefer) and explain your predicament and ask for a full explanation

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now