Talk

Advanced search

Nursery deposits to secure place

(8 Posts)
Cheesenacho123 Fri 09-Mar-18 01:32:49

What is a normal deposit price to secure your child’s place a nursery? We’ve been quoted £25 with clothes and secure a place from one nursery and £100 to only secure a place at another nursery. How do they even make up these prices?! They are both nurseries that look after under 2’s

OP’s posts: |
PikachuHeadgear Fri 09-Mar-18 01:45:41

What does "with clothes" mean? Are they asking for your cast-offs as part of the fee? confused Whatever, both sound cheap to me. If you book a place and fail to turn up, it's going to cost the nursery a whole lot more than either £25 + a few babygrows or £100.

GlitterBurps Fri 09-Mar-18 01:51:51

I visited two nurseries today, one was £350 total, £200 for registration non-refundable and £150 deposit which would be refunded when child left.

The second was £200 non refundable.

I was shocked as I only paid £50 for my eldest 3years ago which came off his first bill.

AssassinatedBeauty Fri 09-Mar-18 02:00:23

They can charge whatever they know their customers will pay, given the lengths of their waiting lists. Both of those quotes seem very cheap to me compared to what we paid for our nursery. Are they refundable?

ealj6815 Fri 09-Mar-18 20:41:43

Sounds cheap. The £100 seems more reliable. The first one seems strange. Make sure you check all ofstead reports and make sure you find out what activities they do with the children and their general routine. Make sure your happy with the choice.

TalkFastThinkSlow Fri 09-Mar-18 20:44:15

Ours deposit was £100, but I think that's reasonable. I think some nurseries in London ask for a month!

ISeeTheLight Fri 09-Mar-18 20:45:55

We paid a full month deposit, over a grand! Did get that back when DD left though.

Cheesenacho123 Fri 09-Mar-18 23:40:44

With clothes meant they supply you with a uniform. Neither are refundable unfortunately. We’ve decided to not go with either nursery. We found a nursery/pre school connected to a local school that doesn’t ask for a deposit and would mean we wouldn’t have to travel far however there are only 4 2yr old places so it’s a first come first serve kind of place but it’s with a primary school that will be most likely our second choice when we submit his three primary choices in 2020

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in