Talk

Advanced search

Is this a dealbreaker?

(7 Posts)
badg3r Mon 12-Feb-18 19:29:27

We are not in the UK so different rules about smoking. Went to see a nursery and one staff member went outside for a cigarette then came straight back in and started interacting with the kids without washing hands. Would that put you off?

GeorgieTheGorgeousGoat Mon 12-Feb-18 19:36:26

It absolutely would be a dealbreaker for me.

mindutopia Tue 13-Feb-18 12:13:51

Yes, our nursery explicitly doesn't allow any smoking during the work day and no staff are allowed to even wear clothes they may have smoked in at home/brought from a smoky house (as a result, none of the staff they've hired smoke). It was a major dealbreaker for me when we were looking at nurseries and I pointedly asked about it. The children do come home smelling of staff (soaps, perfumes, etc.) which is fine, but if someone was smoking that would definitely be rubbing off on them and I wouldn't want my kid smelling of smoke or having contact with someone who does.

insancerre Wed 14-Feb-18 17:47:06

Yes
I would not choose that nursery

badg3r Thu 15-Feb-18 20:17:02

Thanks. I was immediately put off but nobody else seemed bothered! I just thought, apart from the obvious, what are their general attitudes to hygiene and safety if that is ok? Shame because it seemed like a lovely nursery otherwise.

cookielove Sun 18-Feb-18 09:28:53

Gosh that sounds awful!

HanaK88 Sun 18-Feb-18 09:35:09

I imagine lots of nursery and school staff smoke on their lunch break or before work to be honest.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: