Talk

Advanced search

Buying nursery staff Christmas presents

(8 Posts)
JungleBooty Sun 03-Dec-17 22:25:12

My15 month old son attends a local nursery.
In the main there are 3 nursery staff who look after the babies. They are all lovely and do a great job. What would be a good Christmas present to get them? A big tub of chocolates for the staff to share? A bottle of wine each (not sure if they drink or not), a gift voucher - what amount? Any ideas??

LipstickHandbagCoffee Sun 03-Dec-17 22:31:56

Get those big tubs of chocs eg celebration,roses.or boots always do 3 for 2 deals
I wouldn’t do alcohol as you don’t know if they drink
It’s a considerate thing to do

mindutopia Mon 04-Dec-17 12:44:55

We always just got something for everyone to share (biscuits, tea/coffee, chocolates, or get them small gift vouchers, like to Costa) and a personal card for each.

JungleBooty Mon 04-Dec-17 16:00:02

Thank you both smile

Missjaysays Mon 04-Dec-17 21:13:42

It's so lovely that you want to get them something but we get SO much chocolate at Christmas time. We always end up putting it all together and drawing numbers so it gets shared out equally between all staff members, even then we end up taking 3 or 4 massive boxes home each.
We really don't expect anything, but gift vouchers are always nice! My most memorable/favourite gifts are the cards from parents with thank you messages and scribbles from the children! The chocolate just gets forgottensmile

MimiSunshine Thu 07-Dec-17 19:41:03

I’m so glad I saw this, I was looking to ask the same thing.
My boyfriend said chocolates but I suspect they get tonnes of the stuff.

I was thinking a voucher for a local beauty salon or something. Not necessarily enough for a whole treatment but to put towards something?

teacherlikesapples Fri 08-Dec-17 10:50:38

You are right- we generally get loads of chocolates & biscuits, but it is always appreciated. Most nursery workers are on very very low wages, so I wouldn't recommend a part voucher towards beauty treatments, as there is a good chance that many wouldn't be able to afford to pay the rest.
Honestly, the best gifts we heartfelt hand written cards.
Other ideas could be:
* nice hand creams (we have to wash our hands hundreds of times a day!)
* Little potted plants with a ribbon
*cinema vouchers/coffee cards
* 'cookies mix in a jar'
* special Xmas decorations
* Nice tea & a tea cup

eastmidswarwicknightnanny Sat 09-Dec-17 19:31:10

We brought key worker a gift last year (body shop hand stuff) and a set of lovely books for the room which went down well, prev yr we got posh handwash n lotion for staff room & small gift for each staff in room.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now