Talk

Advanced search

Ofsted 3 weeks ago and no info yet...

(10 Posts)
itchywanksocks Fri 17-Nov-17 22:30:19

Does this mean they failed? I’ve noticed new changes like a partition in the baby room (I can’t go in without a shoe cover / socks which I definitely like!)

I like it there and my DD has just settled in after a month, so I don’t think I’d move her, but I’m getting the tiniest bit anxious about why there’s been no news!

Is 3 weeks normal to not know the score?

AnonimityMary Fri 17-Nov-17 22:31:35

Totally normal. The report has to be sent to Ofsted HQ for moderation. Usually takes a few weeks.

itchywanksocks Fri 17-Nov-17 22:39:41

Phew! I thought I’d read somewhere we’d be told after a fortnight unless they were appealing a fail. V happy to be corrected though!

NorthernLurker Fri 17-Nov-17 22:59:28

It takes ages to get the report. Not sure why you put so much store in it either when you are actually using the nursery and seeing it for yourself.

BackforGood Fri 17-Nov-17 23:03:12

What Northern said. It will be the same Nursery you have been into twice a day for a month, whatever the OFSTED inspectors say.
I go into a LOT of Nurseries, and there isn't much of a correlation between the OFSTED grade they have and whether I'd leave my own children there.

itchywanksocks Fri 17-Nov-17 23:09:29

I only see it for drop off / pick up, and while the staff seem lovely there’s still a part of me that worries about what happens when I’m not there, but I’m still recovering from PND / PNA so I try and write that off as much as possible.

The Nursery is insanely flexible and in a perfect location, so I worry I place too much on that instead of being more critical about them. She’s my first child so I don’t have a gauge on what’s normal for Nursery. My gut swings between feeling fine to feeling guilty like she would be better with me (not that that’s a possibility, I need to work for lots of reasons!)

I was hoping the OFSTED would give me some reassurance, even though I know from friends that the difference between good / outstanding doesn’t always seem fair given the place that moron parents like me place on it.

NorthernLurker Sat 18-Nov-17 10:31:59

Well if I can offer my experience? I have three dc, all well beyond nursery now. When I was picking nurseries, and that was the only childcare I used btw, I picked the ones where the staff seemed lovely and the location was convenient. I visited one which was very much the new thing and very posh, got an awful feeling from the staff. Trust your gut. Your gut is saying the place is fine. The guilt is totally normal and comes from society's expectation that whilst dads can leave children in nurseries and be fine with it, mums must feel conflicted. It's bollocks.

LetsGoFlyAKiteee Sat 18-Nov-17 11:41:13

Nah like said the reports can take a while to go up regardless of the outcome. The changes being made may be things that ofsted picked up on or recommendations that they gave.

Long as you are happy and feel confident with leaving your child there that's the main thing.

Chaosofcalm Tue 05-Dec-17 16:28:46

3 to 4 weeks is normal for Ofsted.

Like others said Ofsted is someone’s else opinion and I don’t have a lot of faith in their judgement. It does sound like nursery have acted on recommendations but it is normal for Ofsted to offer areas of improvement.

ACubed Wed 06-Dec-17 12:42:06

I agree that Ofsted does not matter too much at all - they get a day's warning (unless it's due to a complaint) and in my experience activities and staff behaviour is very different when Ofsted are there (I'm a nursery worker). You can have a wonderful nursery but some staff members cannot name the British Values and how they implement them and they will get Requires Improvement.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now