Talk

Advanced search

Nursery accounts shambles - help please

(8 Posts)
HKF2012 Sat 11-Nov-17 10:16:54

Help please. Does anyone know who regulates private day nurseries in Wales?

My DD's old nursery kept messing up her accounts and I just get random demands for large sums of money. I refused to pay the last one without a better explanation because I'd found so many errors in their sums. They ignored my letter and 6 months later they have got back in touch and are threatening me. I want to raise a complaint to the regulator but it isn't clear who that is.

Thanks for advice!

insancerre Sat 11-Nov-17 11:02:16

The regulator does not get involved in issues over fees
They are for ensuring the nursery meets its legal obligations
You will need to speak to the nursery directly, or their head office, if they have one

Sarahblankley33 Sat 11-Nov-17 12:21:03

I would ask for details of calculations and fees and then go back with what you believe the calculation should be.

If you cannot agree tell them that you will have a Financial Ombudsman deal with the complaint... after head office of course

HKF2012 Sat 11-Nov-17 13:17:08

Thanks.
I was planning to give them one more chance to sort it between us but wanted to understand my next steps. So far, polite requests for the fees breakdown have not worked. They just ignore me and then demand a different eye watering sum 6 months later. I'd be less bothered if they were consistent. How do I find a financial ombudsman if I need to?

Goldenbug Sat 11-Nov-17 15:06:47

What do you mean by eye-watering? A week's worth of fees? A month's?

Any other parents having the same issues?

Katescurios Sat 11-Nov-17 15:12:06

You need to present them with a spreadshet showing what the monthly fees should be and what you have paid, with receipts/bank statements evidencing your payments.

It shouldn't be that hard tyo do and will show if you are paid up, over paid or owe them.

insancerre Sat 11-Nov-17 15:12:08

Have they added charges on because you haven't paid it?
I work in a nursery and we always chase unpaid fees
We have our own solicitors that we use to take it to court

Etymology23 Sat 11-Nov-17 15:14:14

You could look up the nursery on companies house (Or I can) and see who audits them and tell them.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: