Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What to pack in bag for first day at nursery?

(6 Posts)
knobblykneesandturnedouttoes Sun 29-Oct-17 22:08:53

Just as the title says really. Apart from a spare change of clothes, is there anything I need to send for an almost 3 year old at nursery? I expected to see a list in the info pack, but there isn't one.

CurlsLDN Sun 29-Oct-17 22:12:24

Waterproof coat or puddlesuit, pair of wellies (well worth buying a cheap pair, naming them and leaving them there) plus 2 or 3 changes of clothes, it’s anazing how filthy they can get through the course of a brilliantly fun day - painting, then digging up the garden, then water play....

stepbystepdoula Tue 31-Oct-17 08:33:53

Just a change of clothes really. Coat, hat and gloves, they usually spend time outdoors! Hope it goes well 🎃

RidingMyBike Tue 31-Oct-17 14:41:12

Several changes of clothes. Wellies/outdoor shoes. Coat/waterproofs, hat, gloves.

BumWad Tue 31-Oct-17 22:48:22

Comforter

knobblykneesandturnedouttoes Thu 02-Nov-17 12:51:55

First day went very well. 2nd day she cried when I left. It was out of the blue as she had been excited to go. Apparently cried after I left for maybe 5 minutes but didn't properly cheer up until the 'big room' opened when the rest of the staff arrived. She was fine when I came to get her and said she had fun. She told me lots of things she had done and sounds like she had a lovely time. But...

She has been saying she doesn't want to go again. Any advice how to make it easier for her next week? It's just the saying bye thing I think. She doesn't have a comforter of any kind. No particular favourite toy. No blanket, no dummy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now