Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

One year old in nursery

(4 Posts)
Debbie7612 Sat 28-Oct-17 22:14:39

A bit of background,

I’ve got to cough up £3000 odd pounds to renew my visa next April plus a few other financial commitments, so we decided I return to work.

I’ve put my one year old daughter in nursery and it absolutely breaks my heart every morning when she cries. I’d give anything to know what is going on in her head. The nursery staff said she’s usually fine after a sleep and I believe them because I’ve never walked in on her crying. She just starts bawling when she sees me. Now someone mentioned to me today that babies do not necessarily have to cry when they are sad and that she could be weeping on the inside and I’m just here in bits. I can’t request flexibility till I’ve worked for 6 months. We don’t have any family close by as they all live abroad. She’s in nursery 8-4 or 9-5. This Monday she’ll be in 10-6pm. That’s roughly 8 odd hours every day of the week. What am I doing? I don’t understand what I should do or how to view the situation. I’m completely confused and don’t know what to think. Is it too much? She’s a cautious baby and I felt a bit of mixing up would do her good now I’m not so sure. Please help a Mum. Any comments welcome.

HSMMaCM Sat 28-Oct-17 23:23:52

The person who told you she was weeping on the inside was really not being helpful. If you trust the nursery and they are telling she's happy after a nap, then don't worry. Do what you have to do until you have more choices.

Waterfeature Sat 28-Oct-17 23:32:11

My dc were like that.

Some children seem to enjoy nursery, others not. Maybe a childminder might suit dd better?

Good luck, OP. I feel you.

jannier Mon 30-Oct-17 16:32:19

Somebody is trying to guilt trip you, they probably don't agree with working mothers.
You can tell if a baby is happy or sad and at 1 its not hard. Yes she doesn't want you to leave and the crying when she sees you is her way of saying I'm glad your back now get over here and give me a hug.
Make saying goodbye as quick and upbeat as you can it will get better as will collection time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now