Talk

Advanced search

Eligibility Code for 30 free hours

(15 Posts)
Icecreambythesea Sun 02-Jul-17 11:40:31

I've been going round in circles with gov.uk for weeks now. At first I had technical issues getting onto the site and now I've been waiting for over a week for them to call me for further details when they said it would be a few days.

Has anyone been able to successfully get an eligibility code for the 30 free hours childcare? If you have, how long did it take? I'm stating to get slightly worried as the nursery want this code by the middle of July.

ShutTheFridgeUp Sun 02-Jul-17 12:24:26

I did. Took me about 10 minutes to fill out stuff online, and got my code instantly.

Icecreambythesea Sun 02-Jul-17 12:36:22

I'm glad you've had a positive experience with it!

Paddybare Sun 02-Jul-17 12:39:43

Same here, all very quick and got the code straight away.

I'm guessing you've tried just starting again?

BonnibelBubblegum Sun 02-Jul-17 12:59:59

Took me about a week of trying online. Kept timing out and was just technical issue after technical issue. After pulling all my hair out I eventually managed to get the code.

What was the most annoying thing was that this was in May and my area's 30 hours don't start until September but the nursery said I had to apply for the code then or I would miss out. After all that they told me the code was basically useless and I needed to apply again nearer to September hmm

CWG17 Sun 02-Jul-17 13:02:25

Same issue as PP, waiting to hear back for more info and nothing yet.

Also concerned we are going to miss deadlines for Sept term. Is this the plan?!

Coffeecoffeebuzzbuzzbuzz Sun 02-Jul-17 13:10:15

We did it a few weeks ago: took ten minutes and the code came back instantly.

Bobbybobbins Sun 02-Jul-17 13:11:06

Took us almost a month to sort it out after being rejected on initial online application. I rang them every week til it was sorted grin They have probably blocked my number now!!

LittleMissCantbebothered Sun 02-Jul-17 13:13:34

I am in the same boat! Registered, waiting for them to contact me. Heard nothing. The site is not user friendly either. I'm sure they've made jumping through hoops impossible so we can't claim.

Icecreambythesea Sun 02-Jul-17 18:53:37

It's good to know that people have managed to get theirs sorted out. So there is hope yet!

I've tried to restart it with no success but at least I'm passed the technical issue stage. I guess I'll just have to ring them every day until it gets sorted. What in pain in the arse!

BoraThirch Sun 02-Jul-17 18:56:12

I've had the same as you, keep getting a message about assessing eligibility now.

We're all going to have to reapply in September/October anyway!

CWG17 Sun 02-Jul-17 19:29:55

Can I ask, for those who got the 'more info needed' prompt, have you previously claimed child benefit or registered for it? We haven't for our DS (born abroad and we are above £ threshold) and I was wondering if that might have made a difference for us as HMRC might not have a formal record of him existing.

Icecreambythesea Wed 05-Jul-17 19:56:53

After finally managing to get through to someone who seemed to know what they were doing, I've finally got my code! Apparently the computer couldn't match my child to me but the guy couldn't understand why as he could. I've recommend that anyone else having problems phones up and pesters them.

Aiysha Thu 06-Jul-17 12:24:41

Hi is anyone from Birmingham. I have managed to get a code but the nursery which originally said were going to provide full time spaces have taken a 'U' turn due to lack of info... just wanted to know if anyone else in Birmingham has had this happen. Spoke to the head today and she said very few schools in Birmingham offering because of lack of info. Anyone else had this happen.

PlaydoughBarbershop Wed 12-Jul-17 01:00:12

I've had nothing but trouble trying to get my code! Had technical difficulties at different stages and have called them 5 times. They have requested 3 callbacks that never materialised and I only have 2 days left until the deadline for the nursery. Beyond stressed out!!! Nobody can
seem to help me when I call 🙁

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: