Talk

Advanced search

Could this be a bad sign?

(5 Posts)
purrfectname101 Fri 16-Jun-17 10:00:46

Last week I phoned a local nursery on my lunch break to ask about booking a show around and to fill out the forms as I was fairly certain we would want the LO to go there to be told that they can't look book any appointments in at that moment in time because staff were on their breaks and that it was the cross over period In which children would go home and children would go Into the nursery and that I would need to phone back another time to arrange a date. I have just phoned them again today and had to answer :/

I work long days and the only time I have to phone them is when when I am on my breaks because otherwise if I wait until after work the nursery is shut.

What would happen if I really needed to phone them to ask about LO and I can't get hold or them or they can't tell me because Of breaks? Am I just over thinking things as we have never done this before?

Should I take this as a bad sign due to communication or just a very popular and busy nursery? As they only have one session left to fill.

kimlo Fri 16-Jun-17 12:54:16

sounds like if they left to get the diary and book you in then they would be leaving the room understaffed and vunerable if anything happened.

If you finish after they close who will pick up? Could they not ring? Or you could email?

If you needed to talk to someone about your child then the keyperson could probably talk to you without leaving the room, the same way you talked to the person who told you they couldn't book you in.

2014newme Fri 16-Jun-17 12:57:13

Ot wouldn't worry me I'd call back. Nurseries cam be very hectic.

SandyDenny Fri 16-Jun-17 12:58:27

I don't think that's a bad sign, it may just mean that the appointment book is in the office and no staff can leave their rooms while others are on break/lunch to go to the office.

It sounds pretty normal to me and doesn't mean they would ignore a parent ringing up with a concern over lunchtime, they can presumably transfer a call between rooms in that situation and in a real emergency they'll have a procedure to call someone back from the break room or whereever.

I'd pay much more attention to how you find things on a visit, it might not a good place for your child but not because of that kind of admin issue

insancerre Fri 16-Jun-17 13:38:00

Why don't you email?
Unless you have worked in a nursery then you will have no idea of how busy the lunch time period is
It takes multitasking to a new level

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now