Talk

Advanced search

Manager shouting at staff

(8 Posts)
typhootea Tue 06-Jun-17 13:17:57

I went to drop off my DD who's 4 this morning and after I arrived in the room and was about to hand over, the manager came in and shouted at the 2 members of staff. She didn't give them a chance to reply and then stormed off in a huff.

The staff members became upset and there were about 6 other children as well as DD in the room. My DD was a bit shook but the staff members tried to compose themselves and then took DD and tried to behave normally.

Do you think this Is a safeguarding issue I should take up with the owner?

OP’s posts: |
FineAsWeAre Tue 06-Jun-17 14:32:40

Yes absolutely. Children should not be witnessing that, I would put in a formal complaint. I used to work at a nursery like that except it was the owner who shouted at staff and it was awful in terms of staff morale and motivation.

typhootea Tue 06-Jun-17 18:42:58

Does it come under safeguarding?

OP’s posts: |
jelliebelly Tue 06-Jun-17 18:48:02

Not sure what it comes under but I wouldn't be happy / the staff should be role models

DrinkFeckArseGirls Tue 06-Jun-17 18:49:28

Contact the head office

TiggyMP Tue 06-Jun-17 19:23:20

I think it comes under not being a shit manager.

jumpingjellybeann Wed 07-Jun-17 19:45:37

I would definitely bring it up ..

I worked in a nursery where a member of staff continually shouted at me ( I was training and she thought he she was better than everyone else) I would go home every day and cry because how she treated me and how she was!

I am now in another nursery, fully trained and love it!

Starlighter Wed 07-Jun-17 20:54:40

She should not be shouting in front of the children, disgusting! Definitely make a complaint.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in