Talk

Advanced search

Potty training while attending nursery.

(5 Posts)
Zahrah5 Mon 29-May-17 20:31:54

My daughter is 25 months old and I have started to potty train her. More gradual approach, not the abrupt 2 day method.
We had 5 cathes today and 3 accidents so no way perfect. She goes to nursery 4 half-days per week. Not sure how and what to do.
What is the usual process in nursery while child is being potty trained?

wonkylegs Mon 29-May-17 20:35:32

DS1s nursery asked what we were doing and then tried to do something similar, they said there was no point in doing it one way with them and another with us as he'd get confused. To be honest it worked quite well. They were very much into not rushing them before they were ready but also very encouraging when they started.
The only issue we had was he hated their potties but we just got another one like ours (ikea) and they kept it at nursery for him.

Lovelongweekends Mon 29-May-17 20:38:44

Same as wonky, nursery asked us what we were doing and then did the same as far as they could. There were a couple of accidents due getting distracted but it worked well.

WhyNotDuckie Mon 29-May-17 20:39:46

A good nursery will follow your lead.

Jamhandprints Mon 29-May-17 20:40:10

Up to you to tell them what you want. My son decided he was wearing pants to nursery one day so I just put lots of spares in his bag. I told the staff he was just starting and they've been brilliant. I think they take all the children to the toilet regularly and often check with them if they need to go. It has been great. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now