Talk

Advanced search

Advice needed RE: Nursery

(2 Posts)
LissyS Tue 16-May-17 17:39:58

Hello, I'm hoping someone has some advice regarding taking me child out of nursery?

She only has a couple months left there until she goes on summer holidays and starts school but I'm just not happy with the nursery at all (nothing major, just little things that have added up)

This is her second nursery since we moved and I don't think that it helps that I have something (much better) to compare it to.
She has a council place, so would it be acceptable for me to just not take her back? Or would I have to follow some sort of procedure?! (I live in Scotland if that matters)

Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated?!

Thank you!!

BackforGood Tue 16-May-17 23:23:12

From the Nursery's pov, it is helpful if you tell them you have chosen to leave, rather than just not turning up, but it's your choice as your child isn't of compulsory school age though.
If there are things you think the Nursery could do better, you've also got nothing to lose in telling them why you aren't happy with what they do. OK, one family might not make a difference, but if they hear the same thing from more than you, they might start to make those changes and offer a better provision for future years.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now