Talk

Advanced search

2 year old funding after job change

(6 Posts)
gossipgirlxo Mon 03-Apr-17 14:42:32

Im currently receiving two year old funding for DS as I'm working part time so not earning over the £16,000. DS is to turn 3 in May, however I have been offered a new job which is full time and so will obviously be earning over the £16,000. The funding for three year olds doesn't start until the term after there Birthday so September. Does this mean I'm going to have to pay for childcare from May - september. Obviously July & August aren't covered by funding anyway.

Hope this makes sense?

BlueDaBaDee Mon 03-Apr-17 14:50:08

Following OP as I will hopefully be in the same predicament when I finish uni in may, hope you don't mind.

gossipgirlxo Mon 03-Apr-17 15:27:10

No problem blue, hopefully someone can help us!! smile

snozzlemaid Mon 03-Apr-17 17:41:39

Check with your local authority. Ours don't take the 2 year old funding away in those circumstances.
Each LA will probably have different rules.

insancerre Tue 04-Apr-17 06:09:18

Once you are entitled to the 2 year funding them it can't be taken away whatever change in circumstances you have
It stays in place till the 3 year funding kicks in
You won't have to pay

Littlefish Tue 04-Apr-17 20:50:37

In my Authority, once the 2 year old funding has been approved, it stays in place until the 3 year old funding starts. I think this is a national policy, but it would be worth checking with your Local Authority just to reassure yourself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now