Talk

Advanced search

2.5 year not talking st nursery

(1 Post)
Soscaredaboutitall Fri 17-Mar-17 02:07:45

Hi all, my 2.5 year old has been going to a nursery for the last 6 months. She attends 3 mornings a week. I was called into the nursery last month and told by the staff that they concerned with her as she seems socially awkard and wanted to refer her for a SEN assessment. I was a little shocked but agreed as i thought this would be in her best interest. I had the opportunity to obvious her in a session lately and was now told that her key worker was trying to spend time with her in each session one on one playing and she seen that she has been improving but still does not play much with the other children. She also remarked that when other children push in front of her at the slide she doesn't react and let's them just push in. I didn't have an issue with the spending one on one time away from the main group as I thought she could benefit from the additional attention to build her confident. However now I'm concerned that they are also segregated her and treating her differently without an official assessment from the SEN people.

When I spoke to the key worker about my daughter while she was in the area, my daughter started to talk to me and she appeared shocked as she hadn't heard her speak before. She also told me that she's never seen her excited about anything and will sometimes sit with her head hung. I really don't understand this as she's a different girl at home, chatter and hyper. I'm also very upset with myself that I send her somewhere where shes not happy. I guess ny question is should I continue to send as she has been showing some improvement or just pull her out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now