Talk

Advanced search

Is this wrong??

(3 Posts)
user1486499646 Sun 05-Mar-17 23:51:42

I viewed a nursery and when i went in i was stood in the hallway waiting for about 2 minites and i could see into the baby room 0-2 year olds and their was a newborn baby on a blanket on the floor crying unsupervised with children running around. I was waiting for a practitioner to come and see me and i couldnt get into the room as there is a gate locked. But i could see this newborn crying then a young girl came over to her and sat next to hed and gave her a bottle so i was then given a tour of the nursery and then we came back to baby room again the newborn on a blanket on the floor but asleep kids running round and no teacher right next too her just dowdling.. I asked how old she was and they said only two months im thinking of reporting other than this they whers great!! Is it wrong of them

Comealongpond89 Mon 06-Mar-17 16:52:02

Hi. I was a nursery nurse for 8 years. This does sound like bad practice. It's not safe to have such a young baby unsupervised in a room that has children walking around. If you like the nursery and would like ur dc to go there i would suggest bringing it up with the manager. Hopefully there is a good explanation that will put any worries to rest

highinthesky Mon 06-Mar-17 16:56:19

This is a red flag OP, and you know it.

No amount of explaining would persuade me to entrust a child at this nursery.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now