Talk

Advanced search

Ashtead/Epsom

(4 Posts)
Owens82 Tue 31-Jan-17 15:58:38

Hi everyone - my husband and I are considering a move to Ashtead or Epsom areas in the next year or so to be nearer friends and family.

I was wondering if anyone had recommendations for a good nursery. Having only just managed to secure place for my 9 month old to start in a few months by registering before he was born, I'm a little anxious about leaving things to chance!

It would also be great to have people's views on the area (for example, nice parts to bring up a family) and, specifically, recommended state schools. Our house budget is unlikely to be more than £600k which I am conscious may well rule out areas in Epsom and Ashtead close to good schools.

Any thoughts would be very gratefully received.

Alice

Rabel17 Sun 19-Feb-17 11:59:27

Hi Alice,
No recommendations on nurseries sorry but the area is lovely. If you are looking at Ashtead most areas in lower ashtead are within 30 mins walk of the train station. The gps are good and there is a very good dental surgery (arch dental) which is currently taking NHS patients. Barnett wood school was good a few years ago! The lanes area is nice.
If you don't need to be Epsom centric, then also look out the other side of ashtead towards Dorking or leatherhead. Slightly less city feel and more affordable if you get the right area.

Owens82 Tue 21-Feb-17 10:09:47

Thank you so much for your email. I'm very tempted to move further out to Dorking, but fear the commute to London would mean that my husband and I would not see our son! Perhaps a move to consider in a few years time... I don't know Leatherhead at all and will have a look into it.

Thank you very much again.

Rabel17 Tue 21-Feb-17 10:43:45

If I remember correctly the train only takes another 5 mins to leatherhead from ashtead. Dorking is maybe another 10. We found more houses towards leatherhead than ashtead. London commute is relatively good from ashtead, no experience from leatherhead, particularly if you can go to either Waterloo or Victoria. There is a small Tesco in leatherhead plus Sainsbury's and Aldi or Lidl and a Waitrose has just opened but that is mainly a cafe.
Good luck with your search

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now