Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Communication book - are parents allowed to write in it?

(5 Posts)
flock Sun 25-Feb-07 22:40:13

My son has just started going to nursery one day per week. His key worker uses this to fill me in on what's happened during the day, and did this very nicely for his first day. I want to leave a comment about milk consumption in the book for her in case she isn't in when I next drop him off - is this how they work, or is it just for nursery communciations to parents?

magicmummy Sun 25-Feb-07 22:55:56

I use the book to inform them of any changes to DS2's routine, what time he had his milk/breakfast, etc. I try to tell them these things when I drop him off, but sometimes get distracted or forget. Also write any questions/queries I have in it.
HTH

Lazylou Sun 25-Feb-07 23:01:55

We have a contact book that the staff only write in but we write down everything that the parent has told us as soon as its been said. That way information gets shared properly and among people that need to know (this is part of our confidentiality policy). Hope this helps!

flock Mon 26-Feb-07 10:45:17

Thanks - that's helpful! Will write a short note, and hope they are OK with this...

incy Mon 26-Feb-07 15:25:40

I use ours for writing in any info such as changes in routine/eating in case I forget to say anything. Never been a problem.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now