Talk

Advanced search

1st day at nursery. Is it ok to buy a gift to carer?

(9 Posts)
Amira85 Sat 28-Jan-17 00:02:00

Hi everyone, my 6 month old is starting the nursery on Monday and I was wondering if it is ok to buy his carer a small gift? Please let me know your thoughts...
Thank you

whattheactualfuckkkk Sat 28-Jan-17 00:17:56

No that would be odd you don't even know them?

passmethewineplease Sat 28-Jan-17 00:21:02

It's not really something that's done I don't think.

I tend to get a gift at Christmas but that's about it.

Is there any reason you want to OP?

MissJSays Sat 28-Jan-17 00:31:10

I work in a nursery and would find that very awkward. It's nice to be thought about at the end of the year/Christmas time.
Why would you want to give them a gift you don't even know them!

Amira85 Sat 28-Jan-17 01:56:20

Thank you all for your messages. That is what I thought initially as well... but then thought maybe I can buy a box of chocolate just to say thank you for taking care of my little girl.
I'll wait until Christmas to buy something then... thank you all again!!

insancerre Sat 28-Jan-17 07:31:23

I agree a gift would be weird
Wait until you know them and you have more of a relationship
Also, be careful of taking chocolates into a nursery as most have a nut free policy

Afreshstartplease Sat 28-Jan-17 07:35:52

Maybe a thank-you card after a few weeks if baby settles well?

TweeBee Sat 28-Jan-17 07:36:35

Well, I don't want to be harsh here, but taking care of your DC is their job isn't it? It's a lovely thought but I would save gifts for Christmas or when DC leave for next room. My littlest DC had a difficult time settling into nursery and the key worker was so kind to both of us so I emailed management to say how impressed I was. She won employee of the month and was really touched that I'd taken the time to send the email. Maybe you could do something like that in a few days if you feel it's appropriate?

Amira85 Sat 28-Jan-17 12:15:02

Great idea! Thank you!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now