Talk

Advanced search

Heating Food at Nursery

(8 Posts)
VirtualNightmare Tue 20-Feb-07 22:40:50

My DS's nursery sent me a letter yesterday telling me that if food was to be consumed warm it had to be provided in a container at the temperature to be eaten WTF my soup flask does not keep soup hot between leaving the house in the morning and lunchtime - is there a new legislation out or are they just being b1tches?

MrsGoranVisnjic Tue 20-Feb-07 22:42:13

you need a better thermos then .. they do them with a wide opening in camping stores that keep food warm for 6 - 8 hours and you can put proper food in it

Katymac Tue 20-Feb-07 22:43:44

If they don't heat the food properly the food can cause food poisening

As they don't know how you cooked/cooled/stored the food they can't heat it in case.

I understand - I am not sure i agree tho'

Twinklemegan Tue 20-Feb-07 22:45:18

My nursery will heat food up in the microwave and has a thermometer to check the temperature. Presumably the nursery could ask VN how she cooked/cooled/stored the food and heat it accordinly?

watchingtherain Fri 23-Feb-07 10:35:26

Why does n't the nursery provide food for your baby?

scotlou Fri 23-Feb-07 10:47:26

I think it does depend on what different nurseries have been advsied. Mine heats food in a microwave and checks tempearture with a thermometer - (and notes all this down!) Another one I looked at said taht as they did not know how you had treated the food beforehand - ie maybe reheated it before or something - they could not be responsible for heating and you had to provide hot food in a flask(which tbh I think must be worse - what happens to warmish food held for a few hours in a flask?)

Twinklemegan Fri 23-Feb-07 22:09:48

My nursery does provide very good food, but since DS is only 7 months and I haven't introduced the whole range of foodstuffs yet I've said I'd rather take my own in for the time being.

VirtualNightmare Mon 26-Feb-07 23:38:08

Hurrrrrrraaaaahhhh - one to mumsnetters - they have just advised today that they will reaheat pre-schoolers meals - am good for the next MONTH!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now