Talk

Advanced search

Losing nursery hours entitlement due to doing 2 full days?

(8 Posts)
WhippinPiccadilly1 Wed 14-Dec-16 10:39:07

I'm just curious if anyone else has found this? My son does his 15 hours over 2 days. I believe he is eligible for 38 weeks of 15 hours. His days are Monday and Friday. However I think he's losing out on several days where other children are only losing 3 hours (those who do 5 days a week). Has anyone else thought this? What did you do?

I only realised when I got a letter stating he can go to his christmas party (today) if he gives up hours elsewhere this week. But he's already losing hours next week as school close Thursday. So he loses the full day, where as those doing 3 hour sessions just loose 3 hours. He lost out at the start of term too as the first Friday and Monday of term were inset days meaning he didn't start until Sept 9th.

He's missing out on his Christmas party today because I can't swap his session - he goes while I'm at work.

HSMMaCM Wed 14-Dec-16 11:40:14

Can you swap days, or ask if they have any additional sessions you can use? If they are only open term time, they will find it hard to be flexible. I'm open all year, so people can always make up their free hours at other times.

They shouldn't be claiming all the hours if they can't offer them.

HSMMaCM Wed 14-Dec-16 11:40:55

Are you sure the Christmas party couldn't be an extra day, rather than a swap?

WhippinPiccadilly1 Wed 14-Dec-16 12:27:24

I called them after my post to enquire if he can do it as he's missing hours next Friday. They agreed. So I've just dropped him off.

They didn't really query it so they must know he's losing out on sessions. I'm just not sure what to do. He could use them at the day he's at private nursery - if they would allow it.

Billyray23 Wed 11-Jan-17 21:04:45

Each child should get 570 hours. Whether they do 2 longer days or 5 shorter days a week. Between sept and july.

You need to work it out and speak to nursery if they are short changing you. As they will be claiming for those hours.

HSMMaCM Thu 12-Jan-17 13:30:24

Billy if the nursery only does certain sessions, they may not match when the dc is attending.

Also, the nursery may not be claiming all the hours. I have a child I only claim 9 hours a week for.

Chillychicken123 Thu 12-Jan-17 17:16:50

Yes your right they don't have to offer the full 15. I meant the OP should check though that they aren't claiming for 15. If that's not what she is recieving.

HSMMaCM Thu 12-Jan-17 18:06:36

Quite right. Definitely check.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now