Talk

Advanced search

Formula

(7 Posts)
RhiRhi26 Thu 08-Dec-16 22:20:42

Hi ladies

Looking for some advice please. I am currently 35 weeks pregnant with my first. I have made the decision that I don't want to breast feed (even though I am made to feel like I should not admit that).
I was wondering what formula people used and what you would recommend, it's all very confusing.

Thanks smile

OP’s posts: |
welshweasel Thu 08-Dec-16 22:25:53

They are all broadly the same. Go for whichever one the supermarket you shop in sells. We didn't and it's annoying as Aldi only sell aptamil and we use cow and gate so have to buy it elsewhere (aptamil is essentially the same as cow and gate but more expensive).

Rainshowers Thu 08-Dec-16 22:27:04

We started off with SMA as they had the little ready made bottles and teats which were useful for hospital. After a few weeks we switched to Hipp which we stuck with until moving to cows milk. Hipp seemed a bit lighter on my DD's stomach but not sure if that's just because she was a little older when we switched.

There isn't much difference between formula brands as it's so tightly regulated. One thing I remember reading is to see what's available in your local late night shop/petrol station in case you need it in an emergency!

I think I'd go for Hipp again next time, although the ready made cartons where a pain to open when we were out and about!

RhiRhi26 Thu 08-Dec-16 23:34:21

Thank you! I will see what our local stocks, just incase we do run out.

OP’s posts: |
QuackDuckQuack Thu 08-Dec-16 23:37:49

We used Aptimil for both of ours based on DH rushing to buy some from our local pharmacy and being told that was their most popular one. I assume there's not much in it. We found the little readymade bottles great for when DD2 arrived. DD1 exclusively had the readymade version. For DD2 we had a Tommee Tippee perfect prep machine which was great.

anyname123 Fri 09-Dec-16 17:17:15

Aptamil is grand, as PP said you can make at home with powder, or use ready made when out and about, my baby happily switches between the two. I also use the ready made at night if I'm knackered and can't be arsed to trot up and down stairs to use perfect prep machine

Soubriquet Fri 09-Dec-16 17:19:08

Yep. Go with whatever is easier for you to get hold of

I used SMA with dd and initially with DS. Then tried aptamil because he wasn't settling before he needed milk free formula on prescription

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in