Talk

Advanced search

When to apply

(9 Posts)
StylishDuck Thu 06-Oct-16 20:08:12

DD will be 2 in February. She goes to a private nursery 3 days a week just now but I'd like to get her a place in the nursery attached to the school she'll go to for her funded place when she's 3. Can anyone tell me when I need to apply for that? Someone was telling me the other day it could be as early as January next year! We're in Scotland if that makes a difference. TIA smile

readyforno2 Thu 06-Oct-16 20:12:59

I'm the manager of an Early Years setting in Scotland.
Enrolment week is in November. Give me two mins and I'll find out the dates

dementedpixie Thu 06-Oct-16 20:13:14

I applied just after my dc turned 2 (they were october/November birthdays. Speak to the nursery because I think you probably will have to apply in january

readyforno2 Thu 06-Oct-16 20:15:40

Here you are!

dementedpixie Thu 06-Oct-16 20:16:09

Just looked and it is November/ December for applications

StylishDuck Thu 06-Oct-16 20:20:18

Eeeek!! Thank you so much both of you. Can't believe it could be as early next month! I'm so glad I asked now. I'll get onto the nursery asap.

dementedpixie Thu 06-Oct-16 20:21:00

In our area some kids start the day after their 3rd birthday rather than waiting until the next term (north lanarkshire)

readyforno2 Thu 06-Oct-16 20:25:23

Midlothian Council is the same demented. With SBC it's the term after the third birthday. It's all dependent on the local authority.

StylishDuck Thu 06-Oct-16 20:31:37

Ok I've just looked on the website and it's really complicated sad But it seems like we have until Feb 28th to get the application in so a wee bit more time than I thought. We're in East Renfrewshire if anyone has experience of here?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now