Talk

Advanced search

30 hours free per week from Sept 17...

(5 Posts)
BoyMeetsWorld Sat 10-Sep-16 10:42:44

What's the likelihood this will still go ahead under Ms May and Operation Brexit...

gallicgirl Sat 10-Sep-16 11:07:52

Are the pilots going ahead? Best way to monitor likelihood of a national roll out is to follow the pilot areas.

FineAsWeAre Sat 10-Sep-16 17:10:32

Yes the pilots are underway now. There are a lot of issues around funding and how best to offer the hours though so it needs more work before being officially rolled out to all settings.

insancerre Sun 11-Sep-16 06:36:59

Don't hod your breath
The pilot is not going that well in some areas and settings are not happy with the level of funding given to settings
There are loads of petitions and protest groups all holding meetings with ministers
If it does hogshead, I think you will find that not all nurseries will be offering 30 hours

HSMMaCM Sun 11-Sep-16 09:37:12

In don't think brexit will affect it anywhere near as much as the protest that has been in place about underfunded 15 hours will just be doubled for an underfunded 30 hours. For example, the funding I receive is about half my normal hourly rate.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now